Notices

Day One

Old 02-02-2009, 08:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day One

Today is day one for me. I have been drinking for four years, usually binging, not everyday, but it is just as bad as if I was. My family is so worried about me, I am a mother, a wife (Barely, my husband hardly looks at me), a sister, and a daughter. Everyone that knows me knows i drink too much in every social setting, but when I say I am an alcoholic they are like "no your not, you just need to get it under control" I hide liquor all over the house, last night I got smashed on Vodka hidden in the kitchen. I am scared, I am alone, I found a meeting to go to, which I will go to. I want to stop drinking, I need help
Old 02-02-2009, 09:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Resident

Ladyb. Hi it is the Fub again. Don't think nobody cares but this may be the wrong section that you posted in and that is why you are not getting replies. I have contacted the forum leader and asked her to move you to the main section which is the one above here. People do care and are helpful. If you wish to repost this year I am sure you will get a lot much needed and wanted help and support.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome and hang in there. I am struggling right now too. I have kept it hidden pretty well in the past, but as it progresses I am more and more out there drinking too much in social situations where I wouldn't have before. Please keep posting and read, read, read on here it helps alot.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad you are here with us....

I do go to AA meetings and find them immensley helpful.
I use SR too...so in my opinion...the more support the better.

Blessings to you and your family
Welcome to our recovery community ..
Old 02-02-2009, 03:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You are not alone :ghug3
Old 02-02-2009, 03:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Eternal optimist

Originally Posted by TheLadyb View Post
I hide liquor all over the house, last night I got smashed on Vodka hidden in the kitchen. I am scared, I am alone
Welcome Ladyb. I did the same thing hiding my drinking for years. I started hiding wine in the kitchen. Then in the bathroon. It progressed until I was stashing alcohol in just about every room I would need to go into. The shame progressed too. I came here scared. What I found out was I'm not alone, and neither are you. The support here has made the difference for me in that I couldn't go for more than a few days without a drink... and in those few days all I did was think about drinking. It was horrible. I'm glad you are here and we offer our support to you.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR and I'm glad you found us! Stick around and you'll get lots of support, I can promise you that =)
Old 02-02-2009, 03:22 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Welcome, Lady. You are SO not alone. I hid my vodka, too (among other things). I wanted desperately to quit doing what I was doing to myself, but I didn't know how to stop.

I'm now 4 months sober. It CAN be done. You CAN quit. We WILL support you.

Welcome.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
uʍop ǝpısdn

Ladyb you have found the right place, I wish I had found it years ago. we all have some weird way we drink that explains us not to be an alcoholic. Mine was I didn't drink at work, just 5-6 beers and a pint of rum, vodka or gin straight a night. I am obviously an alcoholic and most of us are. The first thing is to understand that, otherwise no one will be able to help you. I am an alcoholic, soon as I said that is when I started to seek out help.

Last edited by Music man; 02-02-2009 at 03:45 PM.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome Ladyb! SR is a wonderful place for support. You are not unusual here....we all need help!!!! Spend hours reading posts here. It will help so much!!! Keep us posted on your progress. We are here for you!

Old 02-02-2009, 03:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Welcome.. another vodka/bottle hider here too.

It's so freeing to throw out that LAST bottle and live in a clean, safe house

Stick around!
Old 02-02-2009, 03:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Hi Ladyb
Welcome to SR
There is a lot of good information and support here, so take a look around
Old 02-02-2009, 05:17 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

welcome aboard ladyb. i'm on day one too and i know i won't get any sleep tonight. my vodka put me to sleep every night.

these people are great with support. what's nice is i'm going to watch a basketball game on t.v. tonight and i'll remember what happened tomorrow. a definite benefit of being sober.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:23 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome We are all here for you.
Old 02-02-2009, 08:18 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome LadyB! I too would get smashed at every family gathering, but I get the same comments when I say I have a drinking problem and need to quit. Crazy!

Glad to have you here, I think you will find the support you are looking for!
Old 02-10-2009, 10:48 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

DAY 9, and people are starting to notice
I have more energy
more time for my kids
I am less puffy and my face looks different.
I am estatic.
I am dealing with my life as it is which is a MESS, because I was so busy drinking.
BUT I am on day 9 and I am happy
Old 02-10-2009, 11:01 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Resident

Congratulations Ladyb. The first days are the hardest and you are doing great. You should be proud.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:06 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi Lady. It's wonderful you've found us - and that you feel so much better already. I wasn't that cheery on Day 9! Everything will keep getting better and become easier. It's amazing how we convince ourselves we need that poison to live. Sending love.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:27 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

today is day 9 for me too ladyb.....and i feel great today. the first 3-4 days were very rough with the shakes and no sleep and even though i woke up at 4 this morning.....due to sinuses...not drinking.

i feel better than i have since i quit for 3 months last year. it's amazing how sh!tty we'll accept feeling just to chase our poison. how in the hell do you accept hurling every morning and feeling toxic. it just shows how the claws dig in to you.

we had a baseball practice last night and it felt great not having to worry if i had some on my breath. or waiting until it was over and racing home and chugging some vodka to even out.

since i went through this last year i know there'll still be tempatations but thank god i'm through the physical withdrawals. my family is thrilled that i'm on day 9. good luck ladyb!!!

i'm definitely in your corner.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:30 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
God is leading the way!!!

It is a good feeling not to chase the poison anymore, to look forward to other things instead of worrying about making in time before the liquor store closes..

Freedom is great,