Notices

At this time 11 yrs ago,

Old 01-30-2009, 09:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

At this time 11 yrs ago,

I got up & packed & bag & headed to the hospital. And little Katrina was born a few hours later. Because my kids have been so instrumental in begging me to stay sober & be there for them. Today I won't drink, I will enjoy her Birthday & Thank everyone for helping me stay sober & be a better parent!
Old 01-30-2009, 10:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Resident

Nice post TBM and a big Happy B'day to Katrina. Give her a big birthday wish from me on behalf of SR and tell her we think her mother is special and she is lucky to have her. Enjoy the day.

I know I may be out of line for talking for all at SR but I think I know you all well enough to know that is how you feel too. If not so sorry.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fubarcdn View Post
Nice post TBM and a big Happy B'day to Katrina. Give her a big birthday wish from me on behalf of SR and tell her we think her mother is special and she is lucky to have her. Enjoy the day.

I know I may be out of line for talking for all at SR but I think I know you all well enough to know that is how you feel too. If not so sorry.
Thank you!!
I was actually having a tough night & had to talk myself out of having a drink more than once, several times actually.

What helped was a little while ago we pulled out her baby book & looked through it. Made me think how fast 11 yrs can fly by. Seems like yesterday I was rocking her & changing diapers.

I'm glad I found this place & did throw away another several years that I don't remember phone calls, conversations, & promises.
Old 01-31-2009, 06:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

T - I know EXACTLY where you're coming from. Mine is 6 years old and I can't believe how I wasted some of those 6 years. I am just glad we have the rest of his life to make it up to him and to enjoy. I look at him and I'm like when did you grow up. Could so identify with this thread.

Happy belated birthday to your precious daughter and yes, 11 years can fly by! Glad you are sober now and I am too. Drinking is not an option for us or any other alcoholic. We have other ways of coping now.
Old 01-31-2009, 07:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Resident

I just got on here today and reading this has made me sad thinking of all the things I missed as my children grew up because I was either drinking or wanting to be drinking instead of wanting to be there with them.

To all you young whippersnappers with young children. Stay sober and enjoy your time with your kids. If they are around and you feel that urge get them and play a game with them and hug them and when you look back on it years from now you will relish it instead of regretting those times when you drank instead.
Old 01-31-2009, 11:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Fubar is right on.

The ONLY thing in life I regret is the time I could have spent sober with my kids.
Old 01-31-2009, 03:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

TABM- sounds like you have some strong motivation to stick with this thing! good luck!