question

Old 01-29-2009, 03:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

question

will i ever feel like myself again after i quit? i have used cocaine for a year
Old 01-29-2009, 03:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Eclectics Anonymous

Welcome to SR. From my experience, I am "myself" again except better because of what I have overcome and what I am working on in my life. I won't ever be the old me because I have to be vigilant about my drinking but that is totally okay and something I can handle with all of the support I receive. I do feel comfortable in my own skin and I think in early recovery that is the hardest thing but it does come.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

I am just getting to know who I am.. I wasn't the real me for the years I was using.
I like who I am becoming
Old 01-29-2009, 03:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I would have to say you will. You most definitely will. I abused alcohol for a lot longer then 1 year. I didn't even remember what the old me was, but I've come back and I have come to like her. She doesn't deserve the abuse and neither do you. Welcome to SR.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Hi, IDK
Welcome to SR
glad you're here
Old 01-29-2009, 03:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Resident

Welcome IDK.
Things will return to where they were then you will become yourself again and that is when you can become a better you. Alcohol is now and probably always has been my favorite drug but I used meth pretty steady for a couple of years in the early 70's and then just quit. Unfortunately I replaced it with something else. Don't make that same mistake when you quit coke. Good luck.
Old 01-29-2009, 04:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I did cocaine for almost 15 yrs. And I dont have much time clean. But in 2 yrs since my first attempts at recovery. I have to yes. You will definately feel like yourself again. But you have to work a changin old thinking and behaviors. Stick to your guns and stay as positive as you can. Just putting the drugs down isnt going to do anything if you dont change your thoughts and behaviors.
Good luck and welcome.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thankyou guys. i have another question. is it normal to eat and sleep alot afte quitting? i have been doing both alot.
Old 01-30-2009, 02:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Resident

I believe it is normal. Your body is probably in need of both sleep and nourishment. If you have been using for a long time it is a good idea to see a doctor.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Yes to all of your questions.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I didn't have a cocaine addiction. Mine was alcohol. When I stopped I actually decreased my food intake. I feel hungry all the time. But I'd rather feel hungry than the way I always felt before. I'm glad that those feelings are gone now. Always feeling detached from people I knew because of that glass pane that was always there. Well it's gone now and nothing separates me from being me to the ones I interact with on a daily basis. I sometimes wondered if they knew. I wondered what they thought. It's like being as clean as purified water. You too will probably feel this way if you stay off drugs. We're here for you.