Notices

Brownies

Old 01-29-2009, 08:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Brownies

I quit drinking almost 10 days ago, as some of you may know. On about day 5 I got this urge for brownies, you know the fudgie chewy put 10lbs on ya kind. I've been thru probably 3 boxes of brownie mix since last Saturday. My wife is laughing at me, she's like, "what are you, pregnant or something?"

I realize it's probably a calorie thing, without the booze my body is wanting sugar or something. But man do I love brownies...did I mention that?

Hope it slows down before I have to replace all the clothes I have, don't like clothes shopping much.

Any other cravings or food obsessions out there in sober land?
Old 01-29-2009, 08:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know what you mean. I think I also have the craving for something satisfying - like the wine used to be satisfying in a different way, but other drinks and food have become more important for me since I have not been drinking (in day 19).

So my food of choice is home made rocky road candy - made with really dark chocolate, really good marshmallows and incredible walnuts. Does that count as a complete meal?
Old 01-29-2009, 08:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Make choices.

No offense - what would you tell a child that eats too many brownies?

You don't need to replace your clothing, you need to 'replace' your current line of thought, right?
Old 01-29-2009, 08:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

yeah strawberry cheese cake of a certain brand.......i can go a month or two and relaspe straight back on em.....lol.....lol.
Then i have them everynight till im sick of them...( what does that sound like).
I dont think you got much to worry about my friend........long as its not sherry trifle your be fine.
A doctor told me once that it takes a while for the body to get used to not having all that sugar and carbs.....in liquid form.
As long as your backside can get in the tractor seat....who cares....lol...lol.

trucker
Old 01-29-2009, 08:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

No offense tommyk.

When my kids were little I didn't let them eat whatever they wanted believe me, and I normally don't either.

I've been everywhere in my life as far as food goes. Eating right, running, power lifting, boxing, karate, biking....and eating like a champion.

Right now I'm not worried about brownies though...for now just glad it's not vodka.

Just wanted to hear others and their post drinking craves that's all.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Massey, whole threads have been started on the subject You are far from alone!!

My poison was Oreos and various Ben and Jerry's. Not to worry, it will calm down.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Dark chocolate chips just plain like that in a small bowl.

(oh and ice cream - ben & jerry's phish food.)
Old 01-29-2009, 10:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Resident

I have been eating chocolates a lot since I quit. I get them for Christmas every year from my kids because I don't really need material things so I say get me chocolated and beer. Only got chocolates this year 6 boxws and had 5 left and now I have none. I am quitting them until my birthday as I never buy them myself.

As far as brownies are concerned. I used to eat special brownies but I quit those cold turkey 6 years ago on my 50'th birthday.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by masseyman View Post
I quit drinking almost 10 days ago, as some of you may know. On about day 5 I got this urge for brownies, you know the fudgie chewy put 10lbs on ya kind. I've been thru probably 3 boxes of brownie mix since last Saturday. My wife is laughing at me, she's like, "what are you, pregnant or something?"

I realize it's probably a calorie thing, without the booze my body is wanting sugar or something. But man do I love brownies...did I mention that?

Hope it slows down before I have to replace all the clothes I have, don't like clothes shopping much.

Thats funny, I was thinking the same thing yesterday. I never have sweets in the house. To be honest I never really crave them. Or at least I didn't. I would have rather have a diet Dr Pepper & vodka & something salty maybe.

But yesterday I was looking through all the cubbards and coupldn't find anything sweet

I even asked my daughter, do we have anything good here? she said like what. I said like cookies or anything, she just laughed & said "No you never buy anything good like that, we have to wait to go to grandmas to get good stuff like that!!" hehehe!

I may have quit drinking, I hope I don't end up finding out I really like food now!
Old 01-29-2009, 10:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Fulldresser4

Chocolate, REAL mashed potatoes with lots of butter, chocolate, homemade macaroni and cheese, chocolate, grilled cheese on Italian with double cheese, and chocolate for me.

((Hugs)) This too shall pass.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Fulldresser4, you make me hungry!

Gotta plan in my head to jump on a road to healthy eating habits again, just not right this moment. Got this whole 'just quit booze' thing goin on right now.

Fubarcdn, must have been tough quittin those brownies, good job. lol
Old 01-29-2009, 11:27 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Location: Here's me. but when drinking could be found in doorways!
Shish Kebabs........

It has to stopppppppppppp!!!

Old 01-29-2009, 01:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Fulldresser4

OOOHHHHH...Shish Kebabs....really big ones on the grill with venison and taters...OOOHHHHH! (No veggies though, it just really ruins it for me).
Old 01-29-2009, 01:11 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Brownies are ok, as long as they are nut-free. The post-drinking sugar craving wont last too long.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:14 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

I am on a huge hummus kick with pita chips! Yumm...
I got scared of the sweet cravings (I never used to eat sweets) so now I always have jello in the fridge with lo-cal cool whip. Yum!
Old 01-29-2009, 01:18 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Great idea TTOSBT!! I'm going to go make some jello. Thanks! BTW - I love hummus too.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:20 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hello, I've been eating loads of everything since I got sober just over two weeks ago but especially sweet stuff. When I drank I really craved salty foods, well once I could eat again but I've noticed that that craving has gone. Bit of a pain though as sugar and fat has way more calories than salt!! Not going to beat myself up about it just now though, will sort that out later down the line, I'm just trying to do one thing at a time. Hope you have a good weekend away and we see you back on Sunday
Old 01-29-2009, 01:23 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Anything sweet baby! I have been woofing on tootsie pop drops from Halloween! I knew I saved them for a reason!

Got to make up for all that wine sugar!
Old 01-29-2009, 01:28 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fulldresser4 View Post
REAL mashed potatoes with lots of butter
OMG, that is the best. Big bowl of vanilla ice cream with chocolate when I got into bed at night. And dark chocolate hidden in my dresser so the kids couldn't find it...it passed after awhile...
Old 01-29-2009, 01:36 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TTOSBT View Post
I am on a huge hummus kick with pita chips! Yumm...
I got scared of the sweet cravings (I never used to eat sweets) so now I always have jello in the fridge with lo-cal cool whip. Yum!
Hummus and pita chips...I would've never thought you were from So Cal.

No real new or crazy comfort foods for me at this time. I do find myself being satisfied with smaller portions now that I'm not drinking. I used to drink and turn into an eating machine.

J-E-L-L-O