Update on us

Old 01-27-2009, 02:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Update on us

It's been a while since I posted, hope you don't mind a little update.

Well, me and the kids are doing great, we get on with our lives and do what we do. Joe goes to visit his Dad when he feels like it, which varies depending on his dads drinking. He tends to stay away now when he knows he's likely to be more interested in his bottle.

His dad's back in hospital this week, Joe and I haven't been to see him yet, maybe we will later in the week if Joe wants to. My mum tells me this time the doctors are talking about transplants being the next step. She also says he hasn't been drinking for two weeks before he was admitted (his halucinations tend to kick in after 4 days without, and they started today, but she said thats the librium) I'm not really bothered about the ins and outs, I can't do anything about it anyway. All I know is that drinking put him there, and stopping will help keep him out. (not that simple, I know)

I'm sad that he's ill, but I'm sadder that Joe is seeing another parent go in and out of hospital.

Anyway, we all decided it's not the dogs fault, so we dognapped my brothers pooch, took him for a walk, fed him up and fussed him all evening. We've took him home for the night. We're going to do the same tomorrow, we enjoyed it, the dog enjoyed it, and life goes on.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
cmc

It's good to know you and Joe are doing so well, despite the ongoing issues with his dad.
It's nice to hear from you, thanks for checking in.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Lucy!

Good to hear from you and how great that you and the boys are doing well. Your mom sounds like she's still making excuses a little, huh? Oh well, it isn't your worry, right? Good for you guys in kidnapping the dog for a bit. I love my old girl--she's 13 now, Chocolate Lab, and not doing so well--and you are right. It's not the animal's fault and it still deserves attention and lovin'!

Take care and don't be a stranger.
Old 01-27-2009, 03:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

...wish I was a dog sometimes!!!

Thanks for the update Lucy...you sound really good!
(((((hugs))))
peace
b
Old 01-28-2009, 01:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

(((Lucy)))

Thanks for the update. Sorry to hear about your brother, but you and the boys sound great!!! Good for you, for dognapping the furbaby!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 01-28-2009, 05:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by peaceteach View Post
Hi Lucy!

Good to hear from you and how great that you and the boys are doing well. Your mom sounds like she's still making excuses a little, huh? Oh well, it isn't your worry, right? Good for you guys in kidnapping the dog for a bit. I love my old girl--she's 13 now, Chocolate Lab, and not doing so well--and you are right. It's not the animal's fault and it still deserves attention and lovin'!

Take care and don't be a stranger.
My mum will always make excuses I think, I also think I can accept that now though. I have to admit when she mentioned transplants I held my breath a little, I was almost expecting her to ask me for a kidney for him! (She still may I suppose......)

Anyway, the dog, I was a bit wary at first because he's a twellve month old rottweiller who hasn't had much attention since he was banned from the local pub, and he usually lives outside.
He's great though, almost licked me to death before he dragged me along for a few miles, but after half an hour he decided my way was best and walked by my side and sat like a good doggie when we waited to cross the roads!
He was so good I even allowed him in the lounge with us, once he'd wiped his feet.
He's home now, guarding the house (and that's only because it's partly Joes) but guess where he's going to be tonight
Old 01-28-2009, 05:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

Lucy thanks for the update, it is good to here from you!

you know, it is really nice to hear how you are being there for the dog! I love animals and I do believe they have emotions and can get depressed like us humans, just to hear how he licked your face so much and was pulling on the lead just tells me how happy he was to see some kindness come his way, bless him.

Sending positive and hopeful thoughts your way that things can turn around for your family...

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 01-30-2009, 01:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

deleted
Old 01-30-2009, 02:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It took me ages to get him still enough to take his photo, he wanted to eat the camera.