Notices

Just need some cheering up

Old 01-26-2009, 03:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just need some cheering up

He everyone,

I hope you're all doing well tonight. I am feeling a little depressed tonight so if you could just take a second to post something encouraging or humorous I would appreciate it.

Ken
Old 01-26-2009, 03:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Ken,

You're doing great!

Early recovery is difficult and emotional. I'm so glad that you came here and posted that you're feeling down.

You have a lot of reasons to continue recovery, so take a look around the boards and be inspired.

Stick around this evening if you like. There's always activity here.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Old 01-26-2009, 03:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Resident

Hi Ken.

I will try to think of something funny and if I can't you can laugh at my feeble attempt at humor.

I find it amusing that the things that people complain about are things they could be changing.

OK I couldn't come up with anything on such short notice

1000 comedians out of work and 1 has to show up here.

Go ahead laugh at me for being so lame.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

WAY TOO MUCH TO DRINK

After a hard day at the office, three guys decide to go out for a cocktail to wind down. The bar becomes very crowded, a few drinks turns into many and soon everyone is tanked. All three lose track of each other and end up going home separately.

The next day at the office, the three gather by the watercooler to discuss the past evenings events. The first guy says, "I got so drunk last night that I went home and blew chunks." The second guy pipes in, "That's nothing. I got so drunk that I got in my car and drove it right into a telephone pole. Totaled it. I didn't get hurt but now I have no car." The third guy says, "Well, I got so drunk that when I got home, I cussed my girlfriend out and knocked over a candle which lit the apartment on fire. She dumped me, all my belongings are destroyed and the home insurance won't cover the damage."

The first guy motions the two to come closer and whispers, "I'm not sure you understand. Chunks is my dog."
Old 01-26-2009, 04:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Hi Ken, sorry you are feeling a little blue.. just want to tell you how much I have appreciated all that you have been doing here at SR..

ok here's some funnies:

signs that you are broke:

At communion , you go back for seconds.
You think of a lottery ticket as an investment.
You are formulating a plan to rob the food bank.
Long distance companies don't call you to make a switch.
You give blood everyday just for the orange juice.
MacDonald's is the supplier of all your kitchen condiments.
American Express calls and says: leave home without it.
Your idea of a 7-course meal is to take a deep breath outside a restaurant.
You've rolled so many pennies, you've formed a psychic bond with Abe Lincoln.

hope you are feeling better grateful
Old 01-26-2009, 04:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Lol
Old 01-26-2009, 04:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I have no jokes (can't remember them like my sister can!) and the one thing that cheers me up the most is my dogs. I don't know how you feel about dogs but I could send you a picture of them. They're very cute and sweet.

I'm sorry you're feeling depressed. I am depressed most all the time - diagnosed and on meds for it. Early recovery is a strange and often rocky road. Emotions all over the map, it's hard to keep up. Exercise helps sometimes, or getting out of your own head for a while. I just got a DVD of the I Love Lucy show at my library to watch tonight. Would something like that help you?

There's also the Recovery Follies forum. Lots of good jokes there. Take a look at it. I don't know what else to do for you but this::ghug3 It's only a cyber hug but I mean it sincerely!

Be kind to yourself. You have friends here who care about your well being.

Here's another!:ghug3
Old 01-26-2009, 04:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ken those pics of your beautiful kids on your profile is enough to make anyway smile........you must be proud...

Stay sober my friend.....you gonna need too......my girls looked sweet like that once...........then they both became teenagers.....and boy that is one steep learning curve......lol..lol......................trucker
Old 01-26-2009, 04:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
huh?

Hey brother, if there is anything you want to get off your chest PM me. I know winter in January can get you in a funk. Have you tried turning on all your lights?
Old 01-26-2009, 04:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Too far from the beach

need your email ken

Hey guys,
check out my profile and you will see some real funny drunken pics. Reasons not to drink.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:15 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Eternal optimist

O.k. stop me if you've heard this one...

One day a man is mowing the grass on his front lawn. His attractive neighbor comes out of her house and goes to the mailbox, opens it up then slams it shut and goes back into her house.

A little while later she comes back out of her house, walks to the mailbox, opens it up, slams it shut and storms back into her house.

As the man was finishing up in the yard, he sees her come out of the house again and storm to the mailbox, open it and stand there looking into it huffing mad. Puzzled by her actions he asks her "is something wrong?" To which she replied "There certainly is...my stupid computer keeps saying "YOU'VE GOT MAIL"!

Sorry if it's lame, it's all I have that isn't unlady-like

Hoping you cheer up soon
:ghug3
Old 01-26-2009, 04:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks least, I'd love to see that pic of your pups, please send it to me

Thanks trucker! I am proud of them. I have one more but her pic isn't posted yet. They have been through so much crap in the past five years and are really doing well in spite of it all.

Thanks to you too gemeritus. I will remember your offer. Yea lights are on and so is music. You may be right, it could be a touch of SAD, seasonal affective disorder.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:19 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

thanks prettypoison,

I wonder if that woman was blonde. NO OFFENSE TO BLONDES on SR. You blondes are awesome. LOL
Old 01-26-2009, 04:21 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Silly Joke from my 4 year old:

What happens when a Chicken jumps into a Pie?

She eats it =)
Old 01-26-2009, 04:26 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Hang in there, Ken. You're doing a great job. It's cold and the weather stinks but you're sober! And not only that, you're offering support and encouragement to other people trying to stay sober! That is awesome.

I wish I had jokes to pass on but I'm no good at remembering them. So all I've got right now is:

Old 01-26-2009, 04:27 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Sorry, too cute to pass up!!!
Old 01-26-2009, 04:29 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Give these a try, Ken:

Video: Animated Cartoons: The New Yorker: Multimedia: The New Yorker
Old 01-26-2009, 04:41 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Originally Posted by least View Post

I have no jokes (can't remember them... There's also the Recovery Follies forum. Lots of good jokes there. Take a look at it. I don't know what else to do for you but this::ghug3 It's only a cyber hug but I mean it sincerely!

Be kind to yourself. You have friends here who care about your well being.

Here's another!:ghug3
I 2nd that, my friend - and you truly are and have been!

Sorry you're feeling "blue" today. I have an idea as to why somewhat besides the "norm" we go through with just getting sober! I'll be sending you a PM later.... I just finished up with my 1st Step with my sponsor! Yeah!... otherwise I'd have been checking regularly here and would have responded earlier! Now I'm off to pick up my truck, $1100 later! That's life!

I will get a hold of you sooner than later, friend! Hang in there! We need to buckle up for this ride on sobriety!
Old 01-26-2009, 04:47 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I just want to say thank you to everyone so far who helped me. Because of the love you have given me I feel less alone in this. I love the people here who have a genuine interest in the welfare of others.