alkie friends quits alcohol?

Old 01-26-2009, 11:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
No Codie No More.

alkie friends quits alcohol?

:wtf2alcoholic friend says now she is a alcoholic...

story which just happened this afternoon, she messages me online.. we havent been talking.. tells me she wants to apologize for treating me harsh that day (long story). I took it with a grain of salt. she said she was too harsh, and wasn't nice to me.

I just don't care anymore, want to be left alone with how she treated me. then she went on to tell me she stopped drinking and smoking cigs. I took that with a grain a salt.

I told her I didn't want to have this conversation online, she told me how she really got sick and wasn't able to drink for 2 weeks and how her body was shaking and she overcame the shakes and doesn't crave it anymore.. something about her getting her wisdom teeth pulled out w\o painkillers too helped. prob. her mom talked to the doctor.

I left the codie lifestyle, felt better when I didn't see her drink herself every time we hung out. I gave a cold shoulder to this news because I told her you were a alcoholic and she said she needed to figure it out by herself.

I told her is she going to AA and she said no, "its bullshyt, its for people without will paper".

I told her "you don't have any willpower", her response was "excuse me?" (didn't the alcoholic lifestyle prove that?)

I actually told her that people who don't goto meetings are called dry drunks..before I would walk on eggshells now I could care less.

I don't have a idea on her current situation. I just want to be left alone. to be frank the apologizing for one incident could have been her mental checklist..it was a stupid apology.. to me, with everything that she did, its like someone apologizing for leaving a empty coffee mug on the table when the partner had a affair but doesnt feel sorry for it.

I just want to move on from her addictions, she is not going into recovery and will not take out those mental fires of why she did\does what she does.:wtf2
Old 01-26-2009, 12:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You have a choice of not responding to her online, no?
Old 01-26-2009, 12:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
No Codie No More.

I do have a choice but I guess I wanted to know what she wanted?

I do miss her but not if it goes back to the previous lifestyle I was involved in.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So was it worth responding to her?

From your original post, it doesn't sound like it was.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
No Codie No More.

perhaps, I stood my ground. took things with a grain of salt. didn't drop everything just to cater to her needs. I guess I started putting walls up.

what I'm trying to say is its her problem, so why was I putting my life on the line when she was having all the fun.