Notices

I threw up where?

Old 01-26-2009, 06:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Too far from the beach

I threw up where?

I was just reading the post about hiding bottles and It was pretty funny since I was a master at it. It reminded me of another thing that alchoholics do/hide. Throw up. I remember throwing up so many times. Particularly at 7am in the WalMart parking lot. Had a hangover so bad I had to go on a booze trip. Pulled up, threw up in the parking lot and then got my booze and drank more IN THE PARKING LOT! OMG. I have also thrown up on my neighbors bushes during early morning walks with the dogs and while driving (hangover) on my lap. I can't say I ever drove drunk but hangover driving should qualify as a real bad choice too.

There is also the "quiet" throw up where you try to do it silently so no one knows you are sick from booze. I am so glad I am over it.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Resident

Throwing up was one of the worst parts of the whole thing. I usually made it home then tried to be quiet so not to wake anyone up but I am sure that I did. I am feeling ashamed for those times right now. Oh well can't change what happened so might as well let it go.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

How sick do you have to be to throw up and keep on drinking? I know, I've done it too
Old 01-26-2009, 07:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I read that hiding bottles thread yesterday and laughed out loud!

I used to keep a couple of those white kitchen garbage bags in a cubbyhole in my pickups dash, so I could throw up while driving, instead of pulling over.
I usually always had a couple of those bags in my back pocket, when I went out, just in case.

One time, I couldn't make it to the washroom, so i threw up in a winter boot, that was sitting in the front hallway.

Also, taking a pee in weird places...
One night I fell asleep in my chair. In the middle of the night I got up and took a giant pee into a big ashtray that was sitting on the coffee table. What a mess!

Anyway, who the heck wants to be like that eh? Lets stay sober!
Old 01-26-2009, 08:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I wish I would've barfed more. I HATE barfing, I mean hate it. I've only thrown up 3 times in my entire life from booze...that I remember. Maybe if my body would've rejected it more I would've tried to quit sooner. Or maybe not.

Come to think of it, one time was just about 6 months ago. I was WELDING out in my main barn on a piece of equipment and the fumes got to me. Threw off my weld helmet and ralphed on the floor. Of course I took a breath and took another drink. I finished the bottle not to soon after that.

What a fool am I.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

When I was 16 years old on the pep bus to a high school footbal game I threw up in a friends purse! Not my proudest moment.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

OMG! I know I have done it too! I think the worst was the morning of my Grandpas Funeral, that was just back in December. Threw up at Fort Snelling Cemetery! Luckily not on someones grave.

But I have one that our frineds still laugh about, but really now that I don't ever want to drink again is quite gross. There were like 4-5 girls that went out to a bar in CA, Well everyone was dancing at the time except Joy. She stayed back at the table, she said she would just watch the purses, and wasn't "feeling well" which we all know is code for
Fock I wished I hadn't done those 5 shots before even leaving for the bar!

Anyhow apparently at some point Joy slunk under the table because she was going to be sick and knew she wouldn't make it to the bathroom.

Now fast forward couple hours & we are getting ready to leave Tammi grabs her purse from, you guessed it, under the table. Goes in to get her wallet.....And all you hear is
WHAT THE F...!!!
Apparently Joy didn't hit just the floor! I thought everyone else at the table was going to hurl too!
Old 01-26-2009, 09:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jessie911 View Post
Doesn't just the thought of the continuous throwing up make you so glad you quit!!!
He11 yes! I threw up my first day of sobriety! I thought Yep one more thing I won't miss! It was so nice to wake up today & read this thread & think I don't even have a stomach ache & can brush my teeth without getting sick.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
On the road of happy destiny

Oh man, that's another thing I don't miss. I used to be pretty proud when I could "boot and rally," ie, barf and then keep drinking. But how embarrassing to wake up the next morning with puke on your shirt. And I peed in inappropriate places too... which is probably an order of magnitude worse because I'm a girl!
Old 01-26-2009, 03:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I always felt like some one was beating my head in with a sledge hammer when I drank. I am not a drinker. And I get very sick when I do. Red face. Hot and sweaty. Irratable. I get sick from half a beer. I hate it! Cant breathe it feels like. I may be allergic to it. I wish cocaine had the same effect. Would have saved me years of misery.
Old 01-26-2009, 04:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Pull over quick. Open the door. On the side of the highway.
In the booth at a club with a cute date. Sometimes a
finger down the throat just to feel better.

I get motion sickness from time to time....that's
all i need to remind me of how my head felt when
I drank too much.

Thanks for letting me share.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey, I was in one of those fancy restaurants where it took around an hour before food was served. Enough time to drink a whole bottle of wine before the meal. Fastforward to the ride on the way home. I got 'carsick' and wasn't able to open the window in time. What a waste.

As for the peeing....you guys are so lucky. It is so hard, while your drunk, in your car, to lift yourself up, pull down your pants and stick a cup underneath. I would always end up filling the cup to the rim...what a mess.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:20 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I remember my sister telling me when she was on her honey moon in Biloxi, they were at a nice dinner show, with her husband of 3 days. They paid the matridee and extra $30 to get the really nice half circle booths right in front.
1/2 way through the dinner she slid down down under the booth & barfed all over. Then they had to sit there for the rest of the show & dinner with that at their feet! GROSS!

Bummer is, she is still just as bad a drinker 7 yrs later.
Old 01-26-2009, 05:24 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Oh, i forgot the peeing part...lol

Went to a Bryan Adams concert. Drank too much.
The friend whom i went with, she and i had
to go so bad before hitting the car, so we
laughed and peed right their in our jeans....
what a relief but stayed wet till we got home...... whew.!
Old 01-26-2009, 05:32 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Oh God I peed so many times! I remember peeing on my the 4 wheeler last time we were up north. I purposely drove into a big mud puddle to mask it. Yeah that helped, then I had to take a shower & change all my clothes!
Old 01-27-2009, 02:18 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

The last 4/5 years I drank..I had a morning routine.

Brush teeth...throw up.
Fix a strong Screwdriver....throw up.
Brush teeth....2nd Screwdriver stayed down.
Shaking stopped...took a Valium
Then I could shower.

Geez! I had forgotten that...
Old 01-27-2009, 02:42 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CarolD View Post
The last 4/5 years I drank..I had a morning routine.

Brush teeth...throw up.
Fix a strong Screwdriver....throw up.
Brush teeth....2nd Screwdriver stayed down.
Shaking stopped...took a Valium
Then I could shower.

Geez! I had forgotten that...
I guess you skipped the porridge and cornflakes then.
Old 01-27-2009, 02:52 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

My alchoholism lead to pancreatitis and I threw up every morning for years...although mostly dry heaves i guess.

It was actually a problem for the first month of sobriety and i remember waking up each morning in treatment and sitting on the back deck with the smokers crying because i wanted to drink so bad to stop the puking.

alchohol was the cause and yet provided a temporary (like 1/2 our cure).

My worst peeing incident was at 6 mos sober

a woman thing....don't have babies lol
Old 01-27-2009, 11:43 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

oh the humanity!

I have so many barf and pee stories I don't know where to begin. I will just give a couple of the funniest ones.

I met a really attractive woman at a trade show and we really clicked. On our first date we were out with some friends having margaritas. We all got pretty hammered and decided to go back to my friends place. Of course, I stopped to pick up a bottle of vodka. I got so drunk that I fell down and broke a two ribs. I passed out in my friends guest room and the woman decided to sleep with me. What do I do? **** the bed and all over her. Unbelievably, she was a good sport about it and wanted to see me again but I just could not get over the embarrassment of it all. My friend was not happy about it either.

Then there was the time I peed in my girlfriends refrigerator. Another time I peed on my girlfriends roommates dresser. Too many pee stories!

I have many barf stories as well that I am not proud of. The ones that really get me are the ones that cross over into my professional life. I was in london with my most senior employee and he set up a meeting with a high ranking executive that we were trying to get business from. We met in a pub for a couple of beers. I was so hung over from the night before I drank one beer and threw up right there at the table and all the way to the bathroom. Not a pretty sight!

Throwing up while driving ranks up there with my least favorite things about drinking.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:11 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

only another drunk can find humor in this