I'm back - Sorry I didn't tell you I was going

Old 01-24-2009, 01:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Wink I'm back - Sorry I didn't tell you I was going

I moved yesterday, to a wonderful new condo on the water where we hope to retire in the not too distant future (4-5 years). It is exactly what we had been looking for and I am so happy to be here. I'll send pictures when I get a chance.

So...why didn't I leave a note to let you know all that? Because I got very sick last Monday and ended up in the hospital Tuesday morning with severe bronchial pneumonia. Warning to all codies...if you can't breathe and your heart is zooming right out of your chest, it's a good idea to call 911 while you still can. Why IS it that the codie in me felt silly doing this? I will never "get" what it is that makes us codies hesitant to ask for help of any kind, but will learn from this and be grateful that I didn't wait.

I am feeling a little better each day and am letting my husband do all the work...there IS an upside to all this

You know, it's a gift of recovery to be at this stage of my life where all the pieces fit, where it's all coming together and my dreams are falling into place. My life has taken many strange twists and turns along the way but I wouldn't trade a day with anyone because it all led to where I am today.

It's good to be back, I missed you all, and will probably take days to catch up on the reading here.

Love you all and glad to be home. :ghug
Old 01-24-2009, 01:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Oh my gosh, Ann!
I have to admit I was a little worried when there was no trail..lol
I am glad you are on the mend...what a week you have had..
I am so happy for you and your husband...your new place sounds divine, Grateful
Old 01-24-2009, 02:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Ann)))

Oh Ann, I'm so glad you DID get help. You just keep sitting back and let your husband take good care of you!!!!!

I love this, thank you:
You know, it's a gift of recovery to be at this stage of my life where all the pieces fit, where it's all coming together and my dreams are falling into place. My life has taken many strange twists and turns along the way but I wouldn't trade a day with anyone because it all led to where I am today.
Your posts are always a bright part of my day and an inspiration!

PS Your retirement home sounds wonderful and it is close to the water so you can take the kayak out anytime you want!
Old 01-24-2009, 02:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ann

Don't every do that to us again! I was thinking you were gone having fun someplace and then I hear this.

I know what you mean about us CODIES and asking for help! I ended up in the emergency room last year. I went screaming and kicking all the way. When they took my blood pressure it was 197 over 201!

Now, about the move, I didn't know you were looking to move again. Is it still in the same area as before?

Ann, think about coming out here and retiring. It's everything you want, except shops! We have a beautiful lake, gorgeous mountains, lots of trees. It's just beautiful. Too bad there isn't any good shopping.

Anyhow, glad you're back. Missed you wile you were away. No wonder I have been coughing and coughing....in sympathy.

Hugs, Devastated
Old 01-24-2009, 02:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ann, I was wondering what had happened to you. I'm so glad you're back. You're posts always lift me to a higher level. About the retirement home I was just thinking today how my one dream is to live near the water where it is warm. And gee, that's the way I want to move....letting Mr SB do most of the work

Also recognize that codie behavior, I had been sick since xmas and not going to the doctor, last weekend my AD called me, said Mom I'm worried about you & made a doc appt for you. (Wow, what a which) I went, got my antibiotics and feel much better this week.

Once again I'm glad you're back.
Hugs,
Chris
Old 01-24-2009, 02:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back! So glad you are on the mend and that the move went without a hitch.

Old 01-24-2009, 02:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ann... so glad you are on the mend. I missed you. Take good care.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by devastated View Post
Now, about the move, I didn't know you were looking to move again. Is it still in the same area as before?
Same area, about 40 minutes up Georgian Bay in a wonderful beautiful area that I love.

It's right on the water, I can lay in bed at night and look out over the water at the stars or watch the sun rise in the morning. Lots of nature, walking trails, and even comes with our own 20 ft. boat slip....the fact we don't have a boat doesn't seem to frazzle Mr. Ann, he says he'll take care of that!

And the area is packed with great restaurants, fun shopping, and tons to do.

It's about a 40 minute drive to my job, but I love my work and it's a pretty drive mostly through the country.

We did a major downsize and I just love that I no longer am lugging around all that "stuff". I am buying all new furniture when we get organized and this place is going to reflect to new me and be exactly what I like and suit my life.

If I could fit you all into the guest room, I'd just send the Codie bus right now and collect you all up. :ghug

Hugs
Old 01-24-2009, 03:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

sound loverly, Ann...and i'll admit i'm a little green....
it is my dream to end up in a little cottage by the sea....and good for you for making yours come true...
Old 01-24-2009, 03:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Ann, glad you are back and feeling better, but........................................please be very very careful and DO NOT overdo.

This seems to be traveling the country, something about it being the 'flu' we should have gotten flu shots for instead of the one they gave out, and it can last up to 6 weeks.

I went last night as I felt like I was getting it again, and they said YEP and now I am on antibiotics again................................seems I started feeling better so went back to 'normal' routine to soon.

So, please, yes I know I am being codie now, roflmao, don't overdo too soon. I sure don't want to see you going through Round 2.

The new place sounds really great!!!!!!!

Love and hugs,
Old 01-24-2009, 03:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ann, Welcome back. I am glad that you are feeling better. Your little piece of the world sounds like Heaven. Enjoy. Hugs, Marle
Old 01-24-2009, 03:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Laurie, take good care of you and know that I'm sending healing prayers.

I never get sick, a small sniffle now and then maybe, so I never get flu shots. They seem to get it all wrong anyway, just like they did this year.

But no worries, I can sit back and let Mr. Ann do all the work, order in, and just rest and recoup.

Now if some warmer weather would just roll this way, I could imagine spring not so very far away.
Old 01-24-2009, 05:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're on the mend and welcome back
Originally Posted by Ann View Post
It's right on the water, I can lay in bed at night and look out over the water at the stars or watch the sun rise in the morning.
As I type this out I know you'll see it in your mind...

Besides the sunsets (since I'm on the east shore), it's those stars and the moon! When the water is still, the sky is clear and full of stars, the reflection on the lake takes my breath away. One of these days I will take a picture of it. Oh and the moon! My favorite time of the year is when the moon is full, and setting simultaneously with the rising sun. Daylight is beautiful and full of promise, while nightlight is magical and full of infinite mystery.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you and glad you are feeling better. ( You know how we worry)

Your new place sounds absolutely fabulous. It sounds like a whole lifestyle change.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:30 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I'm glad that you found a place that you love. Keep taking care of yourself!!!! I hope you continue to get better, but just make sure that you take it easy. There is no reason to push yourself. Put all your energy into healing. I'm sending prayers your way.
Old 01-25-2009, 01:26 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

((Ann))

I'm glad you're feeling better and are all moved.

Now, does TOBY like the new place? I know you're the queen, but his highness has to approve, too, right? (I'm assuming Mr. Ann just goes where he's told, if he's smart).

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 01-25-2009, 03:54 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I am glad you are on the mend, please take care of yourself.
Do not deprive Mr. Ann of the joy in taking care of you . (wink, wink)

The new house sounds great, and being on the water-- Heaven, here on Earth....

Life is Good!
Old 01-25-2009, 04:28 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

My goodness ((((((Ann)))))

I am glad you are back and very thankful that you are alright.

You are just too wonderful and a treasure so you better take very good care of yourself.

Prayers going out for you to get yourself back to a healthy balance.((((((((BIGHUGS))))))))
Old 01-25-2009, 04:38 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Good morning Miss Ann! Glad to hear that you did not no succumb!! Lots of healing prayers and good thoughts coming your way! Have fun settling into the new condo and dreaming of stars on water....

HG
Old 01-25-2009, 05:41 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thank you all for your sweet thoughts and words.

I am a little better each day and wise enough not to push my luck. Today will be major rest and relaxation and tomorrow I am staying home from work to just have a "me" day to continue to heal.

I am so lucky to have a job and boss who cares more about me than getting the work done, so even if I do try heading in this week, I can do what I need to do and come home any time I want. I can even bring work home and putter here too. Or not do any at all, LOL.

It's a lovely day out today and I am happy with my life and where it has led me. Does life get better than that?

Love you all, thank you for caring.