And the plot thickens...

Old 01-24-2009, 12:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

And the plot thickens...

Well, my Ah just phoned me for the first time since entering rehab 2 weeks ago. Of course he misses everyone like crazy. He told me that he can't believe that he let himself get to where he is again. He said that this was the 8th time that he was in rehab and that he knows all of this stuff. And that there is nothing they can teach him that he already doesn't know. He is in a treatment center 5 hrs away from here and he has no vehicle because his parents drove him. But tomorrow they are going for their first visit. He told me that he didn't know if he was going to stay or not. Yeah right! just trying to see my reaction I figure. He said he might change his mind and stay for one month and not 3. Whatever!!
I really don't know what to think. Is he right, can they not teach him what he has already been taught. Is it a waste of time for him to be there. He and I both know that he doesn't follow through with any aftercare program. And that's a big problem.
I don't know where he thinks he will be staying if he leaves. I told him that I would only consider reconciling if he completed this program. And even then there were no guarantees.
I dont really know what I am asking here if anything, but I sure would like to know anyone's thoughts on this.

Now I'll just have to wait until tomorrow and see what he does.
Old 01-24-2009, 01:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I can see why you're not certain of the question you are asking because you already know the answer. I mean that in the most admirable way!! There is a strength to your post that I wish I could find some days.

It doesn't sound like he's learned a damn thing and believes he perfectly fine. I bet he thought that before he ever went to rehab the first time. I doubt the professionals in rehab take it personally, so you sure shouldn't.

You may not know what he's thinking or what he's going to do next, but it doesn't really matter does it? He could announce that he's going to paint himself blue and mail himself Jupiter. That's nice dear...have a nice trip.

You stick to your word. He can come back to you when you choose and not a moment sooner, and even then it's if you feel like taking him in.

Stay strong!!

Alice
Old 01-24-2009, 02:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Pegusus

It may be the 8th time he is in rehab and knows all the "stuff" but knowing and retaining are two different things.

How many times has he been in jail/prison? It seems they know everything about that too, but still go back time after time.

Stick to your guns!!

Hugs, Devastated
Old 01-24-2009, 02:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Pegusus, You're doing well.....you know the lines he's going to say probably b/4 he even says them. As stated b/4 he knows all the stuff, unfortunately he just Doesn't want to follow thru.

Stick to your program, boundaries, and stay strong.

Hugs,
Chris
Old 01-25-2009, 10:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

He said that this was the 8th time that he was in rehab and that he knows all of this stuff.
"Noone is too stupid for recovery, but some are too smart."
He's having a real struggle with pride. Praying HP knocks out that pride, and humbles him.

NH7