Notices

Made it thru Friday night...1st time long time.

Old 01-24-2009, 07:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Made it thru Friday night...1st time long time.

Spent Friday night playing cards and watching tv with my daughter. No booze. 4 full days sober.

Spending time with my fam sure helps.

Today is another day, I'm not gonna drink today. Even saying that makes me a bit nervous, need to go cut some firewood...mindless labor also helps.

How is everyone else today?
Old 01-24-2009, 07:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That great Massey I've got a lot of that mindless labour ahead of me today, better than drinking though. x
Old 01-24-2009, 07:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm with you too massey. Going out with the wife today , shopping and spending money I don't have, just to keep busy. Got a little extra cash to spend, from the money I used to spend on booze!
Old 01-24-2009, 07:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey MM-congrats on day 4!
I keep coming to this site daily for encouragement and inspiration-helps me. I'm feeling better everyday without alcohol. I'll being going to my nephews 2nd birthday party today and then to church this evening (Sat night church service is one of the best inventions, you can go out to dinner afterwards and sleep in a little on Sunday). Stay strong MM.
<><
Old 01-24-2009, 07:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Not that it is all important, but have you ever figured out how MUCH coin is spent on this horrid addiction? 50-60-70 bucks a week or more for me...3 or 4 grand a year maybe. That's a bunch of bills or somethin for the family or a new chain saw, I have a collection by the way.

Treat yourself, no booze means more money to take care of things. Not to mention the clear head to spend it wisely.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Resident

Way to go MM. Keep at it as you don't want to wake up years from now and regret the time that you didn't spend with your daughter believe me.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I hear ya fubercdn. My daughter is 19 years old, I was drunk 99% of every night of her childhood, thank God she still is close to me. I'm fortunate believe me, my family has suffered but I have seemed to keep it together good enough to not totally alienate them.

Mostly thanks to my wife.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

[That's a bunch of bills or somethin for the family or a new chain saw, I have a collection by the way.

Treat yourself, no booze means more money to take care of things. Not to mention the clear head to spend it wisely.[/QUOTE]

And a clear head to use the chainsaw!
<><
Old 01-24-2009, 08:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Resident

Originally Posted by masseyman View Post
I hear ya fubercdn. My daughter is 19 years old, I was drunk 99% of every night of her childhood, thank God she still is close to me. I'm fortunate believe me, my family has suffered but I have seemed to keep it together good enough to not totally alienate them.

Mostly thanks to my wife.
I am the same as you MM, youngest son 21. I just quit too and have had the support of my family too and yes it was also because of my wife that things didn't become unglued.
Here's to our wives: the remarkable women that they are. We are both truly lucky, yet somewhat dense men.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by masseyman View Post
Spent Friday night playing cards and watching tv with my daughter. No booze. 4 full days sober.

Spending time with my fam sure helps.

Today is another day, I'm not gonna drink today. Even saying that makes me a bit nervous, need to go cut some firewood...mindless labor also helps.

How is everyone else today?
Congrats! I knew we could do it! Day 3 for me.
Tonight will be a challenge because I have a big party with a bunch of enabling realitives. Seriously I can not tell you the last time we got together sober?! And this is including Grandpa's wake. No lie we were doing shots in the parking lot there. Thats how much they like to drink.

Well on a wing & a prayer I will see sober day #4.
Good luck to you tonight!

~Jules