Notices

Week 3!

Old 01-23-2009, 01:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Week 3!

Hi Guys!

So, the last time I came here (which was also the first time I posted here) I was in a really bad place. I was trashed and high and don't even remember what it was I wrote - to be honest I am far to MORTIFIED to even read it haha!! What's even more terrifying is that I couldn't delete what I wrote the next day when I woke up in a cold sweat, freaking out about what kinds of embarassing things I might have said!!

I suppose though, not being able to delete it means that when I am tempted to go out and drink again i'll be able to read it and remember exactly why I shouldn't!!!!

Anyhow, it's now been more than two weeks since i've gotten drunk or touched any drugs. I'd say I haven't drank at all, except I had a glass of wine with the old man late into the first week of sobriety....the good thing though was that I was able to stop myself from having a second. I suppose that's progress.

Things are already getting clearer for me - like a fog has been lifted from my head. And I don't miss those hangovers one little bit. Not one.

I'll tell you though, I sure am getting my moneys worth out of my coffee maker - the damn thing is working 24/7 these days haha!

I suppose the trick now is going to be finding something other than drinking to do on the weekends and when I go out. I've been doing it for so long I don't even know what else there is to do!
Old 01-23-2009, 01:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Congratulations on week 3, Sn0man!
Old 01-23-2009, 01:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done on your sober time Snowman, three weeks is impressive, but dont ever be afraid to come back to SR, most of us have posted something we regret (well i have) and what do you know its just not a big deal.
Old 01-23-2009, 01:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Resident

Way to go Snoman. You can always come here to post or the chat room. Most people here are caring and helpful.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey SnO,
Glad to see your back! I thought your posts were great. (the ones I saw anyway).
Congrats on 3 weeks! My coffepot is on continuous fill as well. It's a wonder I can even get any sleep at night which I usually don't very well yet, but I think over more time things will even out - otherwise I'm investing in coffee stock.