Notices

new to this recovery website..HELLO

Old 01-23-2009, 06:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new to this recovery website..HELLO

hey people,
hope all's as well as can be for evrybody. i am in the process of trying to find a doctor that prscribes suboxone and is covered by my mass health insurance plan...so far, no luck, UNLESS you have the cash to pay for it, then its about $280 for 42 8 mg suboxone ,plus the the visit to the doc's office which runs from $200 - $400 for the innitial visit, then around $75- $200 for each visit there after...its TX for the rich is my area, and i am not rich , but i can try as hard or harder to get sober & stay sober than a rich person.... a bit of a ramble perhaps, i dunno...but catch ya all on here at some point later on
peace
jim
Old 01-23-2009, 06:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

Hopefully you can do this without the suboxone.

I'm glad you found us.
Old 01-23-2009, 06:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Too far from the beach

Hi J,
Welcome to the website. Glad you chose recovery. Keep up the good work and stay clean. Come back soon and let us know how you are. This is a great board to reach out to.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Resident

Hi J and welcome to our world. We try tp support each other here. It may be difficult without the meds but you will make it if you are determined. Peace and good luck.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am also new to the site.

I have decided I can't keep drinking, because I no longer stop at a couple. Problem is the people I am around, My husband, My sister, brother, Brother in law - they are all drinkers. And I mean every time we get together. Then it got to where my Husband would come home & have a few drinks. So I figured if he was drinking so could I. But I would make several, and then figure the only way I was getting a good night sleep is if I drank until I passed out.

Again not a good example for my kids. My Teen has expressed how she no longer wants to be around me when I'm drinking.

I am hoping to maybe find some support some where else.

I think my greatest challenge will be doing anything socially without having a drink. But today is day 2, And you have to start somewhere.

Anyhow how to meet some wonderful, wise people here.

~Jules
Old 01-23-2009, 07:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Resident

Welcome Jules and I am glad you found this place as I am glad I found this place. We all support each other the best we can and there are a lot of good people here to listen to you. I wasn't there as much as I should have been when my kids were teenagers and this is one of the things that I regret but it is never too late to repair the damage. You can do this if you really want to. Good luck.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Liverpool 19

Welcome J i quit with no medication after a 11 day 24/7 binge.what you need is plenty of good food and vitamins and you can beat the withdrawl i wish you luck take care Pat
Old 01-23-2009, 07:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome Jules. It has been kinda fun and refreshing doing everything sober the last 10 days. What an awakening, been feeling great. Still get the cravings and the 'stinking thinking'... but it does pass. It has helped me to come to this site often and read the postings. Lots of great insight here.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome Jim and Jules! Glad you've chosen recovery and very glad you found us!
Old 01-23-2009, 02:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober