Notices

Didn't Make it Last night

Old 01-21-2009, 01:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Didn't Make it Last night

Last night was terrible. I had cravings so bad I wanted to hurl myself out the window. I was in alot of physical pain for overexerting myself (walked for two miles, up hill).
Everyone was drinking last night, from the people outside my apartment to everyone one of my friends on Myspace or Facebook updating their status' to say that they just opened a bottle of Champagne or going to go out and get rip roaring drunk. I can't describe the lonliness I felt last night. And two people who broke their sobriety yesterday also were a bit of a trigger also (that is always a trigger for me for some reason).

I came on here last night, contemplating posting what I was going through, but I didn't want to be talked out of it this time.

Anyway, part of me feels glad that I did it, to remind myself how horrible it is. And I feel some relief and comfort in posting this, and seeing my counselor in an hour. I'm making a promise to myself to post next time I have a craving whether I want to or not.

Thanks.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think early sobriety involves a lot of hard changes.

My suggestion is to stay away from facebook and myspace until you feel stronger.

Maybe you could try to get involved in an activity that would have you meeting new people.

You can do this, LaDita!
Old 01-21-2009, 02:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Originally Posted by LaDita View Post
I'm making a promise to myself to post next time I have a craving whether I want to or not.
Good. I hope you'll stick to that.

I hope you have a good visit with your counselor, and I hope you're not feeling too horrible today.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks. Yes, I do need to stay off Myspace and Facebook.
They have been triggers for me often.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Moving out of Limbo

I have faith that you will start over again and post here when you feel like picking up. I really wanted to pick up a few days ago and I am glad I came here for the support instead.

Much love
Old 01-21-2009, 02:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks. Yes, I do need to stay off Myspace and Facebook.
They have been triggers for me often.
I understand what you mean LaDita, that happened to me as well. I closed my MySpace and just deleted a few people on my Facebook that were starting to make me feel not "right"

Please, come here next time. I don't think you need to continue learning this lesson. Take Care of Yourself Sweetie :ghug3
Old 01-21-2009, 03:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Resident

Well just make it tonight. Today is another day. If you come here you are unlikely to be interacting with anyone that is cracking open a bottle of champagne.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

No champagne here. Please come and share if you need to talk.
Old 01-21-2009, 04:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

LaDita,

So glad you posted here and let us know what happened! "Cunning, baffling & powerful" is this disease!!! Glad you're seeing this as a reminder for what drinking does to you. We all understand here and have been there -- or are there right now! This is such a great place to unleash to those who truly know what it's all about --- the insanity!

Keep posting, reading and reaching!

Hugs, Nicki :ghug
Old 01-21-2009, 04:21 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Learn from it and start over again. And do post when you have cravings. Maybe we can help you get thru the cravings without giving in. Start moving forward again. :ghug3
Old 01-21-2009, 04:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I spent everywaking hour that I wasn't busy here at SR, for about 9 months. This is the one and only place I felt safe untill I began therapy.
If you need someone to talk to - there is always someone here to help you out. :ghug2
Old 01-21-2009, 04:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I agree with the others. Today you don't have to drink and I think the next time you get a craving please come here and talk about it. Sobriety is a tough thing. The thing is to never stop trying.
Old 01-23-2009, 11:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

It's close to the end of Day 3 and I've felt horrible for the greater portion of it. I was totally out of my sobriety, thinking about 'the good times' and wanting to go back for more. Tomorrow will be a better day.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:41 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Eternal optimist

I was totally out of my sobriety, thinking about 'the good times' and wanting to go back for more.

I feel ya...those movie clips keep rewinding and playing in my head too. But I know how the movie ends

Tomorrow will be a better day.
Yes it will LaDita. Every time I go back off the side of a cliff and slam to a sudden stop at the bottom of a bottle I remember why I hate it. Hang in there....Big hugs :ghug3
Old 01-24-2009, 08:43 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Last night was terrible. I had cravings so bad I wanted to hurl myself out the window. I was in alot of physical pain for overexerting myself (walked for two miles, up hill).
Everyone was drinking last night, from the people outside my apartment to everyone one of my friends on Myspace or Facebook updating their status' to say that they just opened a bottle of Champagne or going to go out and get rip roaring drunk. I can't describe the lonliness I felt last night. And two people who broke their sobriety yesterday also were a bit of a trigger also (that is always a trigger for me for some reason).

I came on here last night, contemplating posting what I was going through, but I didn't want to be talked out of it this time.

Anyway, part of me feels glad that I did it, to remind myself how horrible it is. And I feel some relief and comfort in posting this, and seeing my counselor in an hour. I'm making a promise to myself to post next time I have a craving whether I want to or not.

Thanks.
I'm sorry you slipped. I actually had to post & read some things here last night too right after my husband poured a big wiskey coke.
i got some good advise to just pour a big ole soda & sit next to him. It some how worked, but wasn't easy!

:praying for you.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:16 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Use every resource at your disposal to stay sober. Those old "friends" who drink and go on about it to you are not real friends.....Stay in meetings, stay on here, just don't give up. All the old needs to go on hold until you feel you are far enough into recovery to revisit them. We are all here for you...........