OT-finally got my surgical staples out today!

Old 01-20-2009, 02:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT-finally got my surgical staples out today!

They were itching so bad! The doctor said I am healing very well from the hernia surgery, but because it was more extensive than originally planned and he had to use mesh, I am still on very restricted activities for at least the next 2 1/2 weeks. I had just started physical therapy for my lumbar area when all these issues start with the hernia, and he recommended holding off on that for another month, and then starting off with very light exercises.

I was so blessed in that the college campus bookstore shipped out all my text books UPS which meant I didn't have to find someone to go pick up all my books (usually about 30 pounds worth of books). Campus is 40 miles away. The bad news is no one in my ICD-9-CM Coding class has gotten their text books yet as there was a miscommunication and the books aren't even in. I'm pulling 13 credit hours again this semester, and 2 of those are 4 credit hours, the coding class, and Pathophysiology, so it will be another intensive semester. All in all I'm feeling pretty good physically. Classes started yesterday (I take all my classes online).
Old 01-20-2009, 02:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
I was so blessed in that the college campus bookstore shipped out all my text books UPS which meant I didn't have to find someone to go pick up all my books (usually about 30 pounds worth of books). Campus is 40 miles away.
I think its cuz ya got good karma
glad things are healing well, Devon
Old 01-20-2009, 06:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

:ghug
hope you feel better soon
Old 01-20-2009, 08:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad those staples are out. It stinks that you are still so restricted, but I'm thinking that puts you in a real good spot to focus on the studies Warm healing thoughtss
Old 01-20-2009, 08:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Freedom: Wow, that is a heavy load! Best of luck this semester and take good care of yourself around all of that studying.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The words "indomitable spirit" just came to mind