Notices

First real day of unemployment here

Old 01-20-2009, 04:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First real day of unemployment here

I already remembered I forgot to do something at my job and now have to call work this morning and have someone make transportation arrangements. I realized I didn't even do the MOST important thing - say good-bye to the kids - and that was the whole reason I got into this line of work. I've been thinking about this mistake all night and should really be focusing on what matters to me personally - getting well and off the booze for good.

My house is a disaster, all I want to do is stay in bed and hide, haven't showered since Thursday. Yeah, I am pretty depressed and feeling horrible and a drink will only make things worse. I do not know how to pull myself out of this rut and do what needs to be done. Well, thanks for listening and now I am going back to bed. Will check in later.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Katie,

It's natural to feel depressed at a time like this, so be kind to yourself.

Try to make a plan and do one or two things each day. For example, is your resume up to date? If so, try to find one or two places to apply to today. It will make you feel like you are taking steps to improve your situation.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Resident

Hi Katie

Force yourself to do at least one or two things that need to be done today or maybe just get out in the fresh air and take a walk.
Push those negative thoughts from your head and try to think positively.
Whatever you do do don't take that drink. If you are depressed it will definitely only make you more depressed.
If the depression continues you should probably see your doc.
Hang in and good luck.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks, I just took a shower and put on clean clothes. I do not plan to take a drink as I have nothing to drink and I am sick of going to the store for "more." It's to the point I don't even try to go to different stores so they won't "know." I am on my last cigarette and may just go through four days of hell to stop that too. I am going to feel bad at any rate so I may as well do something good for me.

I'm just tired of the front, of trying to keep it together when it's obvious everything is falling apart. I'm tired of this addicted lifestyle.