Notices

Pretty sure its a problem...

Old 01-19-2009, 06:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Pretty sure its a problem...

I drink socially two to three times a week and i was fine with that, but everyonce in ahwile i will just get plastered. i turn into a different person, when normally i am the nicest person in the world, i turn from the fun drunk to ass and back and forth. When those plastered moments come up there is just no stopping it, its like i set my mind to do and it just goes no stopping. I thinking I am alcoholic in some way... I can be fine with that couple times a week, but that everyonce in ahwile i put on one of those moment i hate to have. Confused and Lost...
Old 01-19-2009, 06:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

If alcohol is causing problems in your life, then stopping drinking is a good option.

There is lots of support here, so keep reading and posting.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Today's Muse

The first step is recognizing the problem. Stick around, read and relate and I think you will find the answers.

Welcome!
Old 01-19-2009, 06:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Resident

I agree with Anna if you think that you have a problem you probably do. If you think you need help we are here for you. If you want to just hang around and read and post that is probably OK too. Good luck.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welome!

You might want to make a list of the Pros and Cons
of your drinking. Then you can see if drinking
is something you want to continue to do.
Old 01-19-2009, 06:58 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

For me, turning into a different person is one of the main reasons I am quitting drinking. I dont like the "ugliness" that comes out when I drink. If you feel this happens to you, maybe quitting is a good plan.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi stick, I'm new here too. I just finally got fed up with what I was doing to myself and decided to stop drinking. I've known for a while I have a problem with drinking but wouldn't fully admit it.

I've asked myself in the past if I had a problem with drinking and just the fact that I had to ask should have been enough to realize that I had a problem. I don't think non-problem drinkers usually spend much time thinking about whether they have a problem or not, they probably spend no time thinking about alcohol.

Anyway, again, I'm new here, so I can't speak with authority or give much on the way of good advice...but good luck with whatever you decide.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yes, it is those times when one CANNOT control alcohol that causes the problem and pretty much negates the times one drinks and things don't turn out badly.

For me, my idea of social drinking is talking on the phone while downing a bottle of wine hoping I remember the end of the conversation. Not pretty. I didn't start out like that.

Only you know if it's worth it or not - the times that you end up plastered. It only takes one time to seriously screw up one's life - be it a DUI, a ruined relationship, etc. Best wishes.