Help Please

Old 01-18-2009, 03:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help Please

I don't sem to be able to post my first "new topic". It keeps telling me "You are only allowed to post links to other sites after you have made 15 posts or more." Why does it think I'm posting a link to another site???
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Well, I just posted this & it worked. The other post is quite long. Is that causing the problem maybe?
OK - so I just tried to post half what I wrote - & it still gave me the same message!!
Are there certain things I may have written that are being picked up & blocked? I read the rules about no advertising etc, but I have nothing remotely like that in my post!
The only other thing I can think of is that I wrote this essay in "Word" so I could spell check it, & then cut & paste it into the browser.
Could that be causing a problem?

Last edited by Helenlee; 01-18-2009 at 04:05 PM. Reason: additional information
Old 01-18-2009, 04:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Your thread is just fine. There is no problem.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Anna,

This isn't what I want to post! This is just a request for help to post what I originally wrote. I can't figure out why I can post this & not the other. Maybe the "word" thing is the problem? I don't know much about computers unfortunately.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

So, just go ahead and start a new thread with what you want to post.

I'm not sure what you mean by the "word" thing?

It should work.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
..discover it.

I have had certain problems with that too! Perhaps certain threads seem to be spammed more often, and that is why they have certain rules. I have been a moderator on a few forums, and the goal is to see if people are really sincere about the forum topics, and if they are, they will have at least 25, or so posts. My advice is just go around and do some quick replies of encouragement to topics in the forum of your choice.
Old 01-18-2009, 04:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

maybe you should not use word, there may be code in it that is giving you the error message. or save the word document as plain text then paste it in. that might help.
Old 01-18-2009, 05:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by escape artist View Post
maybe you should not use word, there may be code in it that is giving you the error message. or save the word document as plain text then paste it in. that might help.
This happened to me too. I'm just trying to hit 15 posts so I can see if it goes away.
Old 01-18-2009, 06:18 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I got that problem when I was trying to post an new thread on my Firefox browser. When I use IE, I can post a new thread.
Old 01-19-2009, 02:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It's not that I need to make 15 posts because it's let me post this thread & edit it a few times etc. It has to be something to do with composing it in Word & then pasting it into the browser ...
Now the Mac laptop I composed it on has decided to take a holiday so the document has now gone until I get the Mac repaired!!
I'm using my daughters PC to post this & it's pretty old & often has "time off" as well. So it maybe a while before I get to post what I wanted to share ... I'm trying to use the time to get a bit more perspective on what's happening for me.