Where is the beach??

Old 01-18-2009, 09:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Where is the beach??

Hello All,

I am trying to take my mind off of the nonsense of living with an A and the pending separation. Sometimes I feel that I get so sucked into the A stuff. Either reading and researching all about Alcoholism or reading about me and why I am a codie! WOW I said I was a codie. You see, I have always been independent and taken care of myself that I never considered myself a codie.

With regards to relationships, I believe that people should just be honest with one another and cut the BS. A relationship should ADD to your LIFE, not complete YOU or your life. That is why I connected with my AH in the first place. He did not play those games that people can play. I don't like DRAMA! I guess that is why I am so puzzled that my AH now can be dishonest and lie about his drinking. I think that is what bothers me the most.

OK, enough of that. The reason I posted is I want to try and plan something for me and the girls. I have always loved the beach and being so close to Cape Cod and the beaches, we always spent time there. Each year I would plan a new place to go visit. A couple of years ago, I started to want to explore the East Coast beaches and we made it down to Myrtle Beach. I want to plan to hit another beach on the East Coast. Does anyone have any suggestions or a beach that they loved?

Thanks!

JRGirl
Old 01-18-2009, 09:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well I'm originally from FLA, and love a few of those wonderful beaches. I miss them terribly.

There are a lot of great beaches in the north FLA area between Destin and Ft. Walton Beach. One in particular that hardly anyone knows about is Grayton Beach. it's a funky little beach area that I adore.

graytonbeach.com

I'm not a big fan of loads of people, so I prefer some of the out of the way beaches. But any of the beaches up in the northern part of the state are big fun. I was at Pensacola Beach not too long ago, and enjoyed that too.

So if you want to go as far south as the Panhandle and northern part of FLA, go for it! i won't even get started on the southern Beaches!
Old 01-18-2009, 10:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

I've been to almost every east coast beach from the NJ shore to the Keys. Myrtle is a great family beach. St. Augustine is beautiful. Cape Hatteras and the other NC beaches are pretty secluded. For adults looking for fun South Beach just plain ROCKS and is one of those that everyone needs to see at least once.. what a hoot! Same with Daytona but SB is way better IMO. Coco Beach is great too but more family oriented. The keys don't have as many beaches as you might think but they are really romantic.

You basically have your choice from international flair to college age drink fest to family oriented to secluded and romantic.... travel to the Bahamas and Caribbean can net some pretty cool beaches to and the deals keep getting better with the economy in the shape it's in.

For you and your girls, St. Augustine, Coco, Myrtle, Rehoboth...

For you and your girl freinds... South Beach
Old 01-18-2009, 11:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I love St. Augustine, too! It's a great town and a fabulous beach! I also like Hilton Head.
Old 01-18-2009, 11:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

For you and your girl freinds... South Beach
I love South Beach! It is definitely a chick trip and I've got the pics to prove it. hehe
Old 01-18-2009, 12:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ok sounds like South Beach is a top pick. Forget the kids and grab the girlfriends. The sad thing is I do have a close friend that is going through the same exact thing. She separated from her AH last June. He is still drinking and blaming her for the breakup. I have a feeling my AH is going to do the same. Blame me for tearing the family apart.

Brandi Sue....

Where are those pics????

Love to see them.

Thanks to All,

JRGirl
Old 01-18-2009, 12:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Jack,

I am a Carolina girl, so my heart is with the NC/SC beaches, although the GA coast is beautiful. FL beaches (southern) are more tropical feeling if that is what you are looking for.

If you enjoy historical cities and interesting history with their associated beaches, then check out Charleston, SC. It is my favorite city on earth. (This time of year is dismal though, so you might wait until spring). Sullivan's Island, Isle of Palms, Kiawah and Folly Beach are all nice and very different depending on what atmosphere/price range you want. They should have websites.