Just watched a good "chick flick"

Old 01-17-2009, 07:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Formerly known as soconfused11

Just watched a good "chick flick"

It was called "The Women", and kind of inspired me.

For those of you that haven't seen it, it's about a woman and her close knit group of friends (she also has a daughter). She finds out that her husband of 13 years of having an affair with a beautiful woman.

Anyway, she ends up separating from her husband (which they never actually showed in the movie), and finding herself. She ended up realizing that her passion was to design clothes, and in the end, she has her very own fashion show, which was a big success.

But during the process of finding herself, she had a board, and on it were the words "What Do I Want". She began taking pictures, and making drawings of different things that inspired her. I love taking pictures myself, and thought I might stat my very own "What Do I Want" board......I was thinking it would be neat not only to use photos, but I could take clippings from magazines (maybe a picture of a tropical island where I want to go on vacation).

Just thought I would share with all of you! It was a great movie, at least in my opinion.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi sodetermined,

I want to start a "vision board" too! I have a couple of friends who have made them (maybe they saw the movie too...) and love them.

Found this web site too:
How to Use a Vision Board

(I always need some how-tos to get started on things... )

Let us know how it goes, and I'll let you know how MINE goes...

GL
Old 01-17-2009, 10:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I too have been working towards visualizing where I want to be. I've printed out pictures and visualized in my mind and "made room" for the things/people I want in my life. I read about vision boards a year or so ago and was so attracted to the idea. I do believe that what we think and how we think is what we attract. Thanks for sharing this. I'll be on the look out for the movie.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:46 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just a note about the movie, the almost last scene where all the girlfriends are helping their friend during labor is side splitting funny. Really debra messing just lets it all go. You'll have to see it!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-19-2009, 07:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life is what you make of it

I do have vision board! I have read "The Secret" and watched the movie You Can Heal Yourself. I have it hanging by my computer so I see it all the time. I smile when I look at mine and see the vacation spots I want to go to and the family time I want to have (which I have been having alot more of lately with the kids!) I left room on the board to add things as I see needed.

This is such a Great idea! Good luck with your boards Sodetermined and GL I find mine very inspiring everyday!!!