Notices

One week. I made it!

Old 01-17-2009, 06:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A New Year...A New Me!

One week. I made it!

I know this is a small milestone, but it is big for me and hopefully the first of many. I can't remember going a week without drinking. I am proud of myself. Yesterday was hard, as it was the first Friday night that I had to deal with. The entire ride home from work I had to keep myself from stopping at the store. I made it home and with the encouragement and understanding from my fiancee' I made it to my first sober week. When I would think of drinking I would remind myself of how much I really wanted a new life and that it was not worth it to step back into my old habits. I thought of all the things that I could do on my first weekend of sobriety. I thought of how alcohol has handicapped my ability to go out and do things such as shopping. Rather than sit at home today and drink I have a full day planned. I have a few things that I need to return that were given to me at Christmas. We are going to see the new My Bloody Valentine movie in 3D. I am going to do some shopping at best buy, check out the new Bass Pro Shops store and hang out at the Suzuki shop for awhile and look at new bikes. (I love my motorcycle!) This time I will be able to enjoy my Saturday without regret. I will not wake up Sunday to another wasted day due to drinking. I am mad at my addiction and I am taking control. I am strong! I can do this, one day at a time. Thanks for all the support.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

Way to go Tate8. I ride a scooter too! They are much safer when we are sober.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats!!! It is day#17 for me, off alcohol and oxycodone. It does feel great doesn't it? Still, Friday/Sat are hard for me also. It's the night that hubby and I usually hang out, have a few, talk about the week, listen to music, get all warm and fuzzy, etc! So, it's hard, but do-able! I go to meetings quite a bit on the weekends, just for that reason! Like you said, I don't miss the Sunday hangover...getting NOTHING accomplished because you feel too bad to get out of your own way! It's nice to also remember what I did on Saturday night!
(I do miss the "drunk sex" though, but I will get over it!).
Take care and congrats on your success!!!
Old 01-17-2009, 06:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Dismember

Personally, I consider that the biggest milestone.

I'm pretty sure I'd never felt more positive about an anniversary than my first week.

So big ol' congrats! Here's to many more!
Old 01-17-2009, 07:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Resident

Congrats Tate. I was worried about you when you hadn't posted all week. You joined SR here about an hour after I did and I said we would this together. I don't know if you even remember that. I was going to send you a PM today to see if you were still on track but I can see you are and I am glad for that. Keep up the good work and keep us posted or will be PM'ing you. Enjoy your day.6
Old 01-17-2009, 07:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A New Year...A New Me!

Originally Posted by Fubarcdn View Post
Congrats Tate. I was worried about you when you hadn't posted all week. You joined SR here about an hour after I did and I said we would this together. I don't know if you even remember that. I was going to send you a PM today to see if you were still on track but I can see you are and I am glad for that. Keep up the good work and keep us posted or will be PM'ing you. Enjoy your day.6
I've been reading everyday, I just haven't posted alot. I get alot of strength from reading other people's posts and I guess I should add more of my own. I do remember your post and we WILL do this together.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on your sober week! It does feel good not waking up feeling horrible. Any time I have cravings or urges to drink I remind myself of how bad I feel when I drink.

:ghug3
Old 01-17-2009, 07:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Old 01-17-2009, 08:20 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

A week is HUGE! Congrats!!
Old 01-17-2009, 08:24 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats Tate, keep working it. Day 33 here, makes it much easier when you have an understanding fiance/spouse to help. See you around.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:31 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! One week, like one day, is a miracle...YOU are a miracle, don't forget it......Keep it up and don't quit trying.....It WILL work......!!!......There are a lot of folks here holding you in their thoughts.

:ghug
Old 01-17-2009, 08:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tate8 View Post
I am mad at my addiction and I am taking control. I am strong! I can do this, one day at a time.
I like that!

Good job, keep it up!
Old 01-17-2009, 08:54 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

In my opinion, those first milestones are the most important. . . without those, you wouldn't be able to celebrate the others. So don't minimize your fantastic achievement!

I'm glad to see that you have productive plans of healthy things to keep you busy. Just don't overwhelm yourself. A good rule of thumb to follow is HALT. Hungry, Angry, Lonley, Tired. These are feelings you want to avoid as much as possible. If you begin to feel what I like to call squirrely, ask yourself if you are hungry, angry, lonley or tired. Chances are, you'll be able to identify what is going on.

Enjoy your weekend as well as your new life free from the bondage of active addiction.

God Bless,
Judy
Old 01-17-2009, 09:09 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
6/20/08

A week IS a milestone...the first day....the first weekend...

KEEP READING AND POSTING....it helps!

Oh....and if you think you feel good this week, every day you add, you will feel even stronger!
Old 01-17-2009, 10:01 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

A week is a big deal lol.

It shows you that it is possible.

Well done and don't give up.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:07 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Congrats Tate. One day at a time.
Old 01-17-2009, 10:11 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Congrats! I want a new life too!

Keep doin' what you're doin'!!!!

Nicki
Old 01-17-2009, 10:36 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Congratulations =) Keep up the good work!
Old 01-17-2009, 11:24 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Old 01-17-2009, 12:52 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Way to go Tate - Congrats!!! Keep coming back, and yea, post often, best way for us to get to know you. Someone's always here!

Mark