Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

needs help from someone who shares the struggle of hydrocodone addiction...PLEASE

Notices

needs help from someone who shares the struggle of hydrocodone addiction...PLEASE

Old 01-16-2009, 11:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Im 18 and been on roxi's, hydrocodone, 30's whatever you want to call them for 3 years plus. Taking about 5 little blue pills a day. My boyfriend doesnt know and its breaking my heart. I have GOT TO stop. But it's hard when its in your household and within reach. I want to have a normal life again.
That little blue pill is what i get up for in the morning until its time for bed.
It's a struggle everyday for me. I need advice and inspiration from someone who has been there. Im sick of this addiction.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
let it grow!

nice to meet you, ericsbaby. i'm the mom of an alcoholic/addict, and i have no direct experience with your addiction. but i'm sure others will be along soon to offer some thoughts.

are you getting any medical advice from a doctor? what about na or aa meetings?

keep reaching out! recovery is possible.

hugs, k
Old 01-17-2009, 06:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

just noticed you had found your way to the substance abuse forum - i'm sure there's lots of folks there with great suggestions! good job asking for help!

k
Old 01-17-2009, 06:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

I'm glad you're seeking help.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey ericsbaby, i have had the same addiction and had to go to treatment and it was worth it. I was on 800mg of oxy's a day, and it made my life miserable. There is hope and with willpower and determination you can do it. First, you have to get honest about your addiction or you will never recover in my own experience. Stay strong and i am here if you need to talk,
Heidi
Old 01-23-2009, 08:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Too far from the beach

Hey baby,
I had surgery a few years ago and the doc put me on hydro. It wasnt long before I was sick as a dog. This stuff builds up in your system and after a time can poison you. I was so so so sick. I threw up more times than I could count. After a while there was nothing left and I was dry heaving for 2 weeks. I was weak and could barely for many days. Then I got jaundice. Oh my god I thought I had hepititis (thank go I didn't). I My liver just about shut down. Soon found out that I was poisoned by this stuff and I will never take it again. AFter a few years I will bet your liver is about done. You better go to the doctor and take some tests. I really mean it. I know the stuff is a great great high. I loved it but it is not worth dying over and that is exactly what will happen if you continue on this path. Please get help and stay on this board for support. These people are great and there is always someone on that can give you just about an immediate reply if you need help. I know what I just wrote probably scares the crap out of you but I really hope it did. Good luck sweety and please get off that stuff.