"Reason To Believe"

Old 01-16-2009, 06:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

"Reason To Believe"

Hi all, its Friday night...I'm home alone with kids...he (abf) is out there doing what he does....I am listening to one of my favorite songs by Rod Stewart.."Reason To Believe"...I equate it to my cody situation as it has been for the last 5 years...Gee..Love this song...Love Rod Stewart. Do anyone else here have a song that reminds them of our situations?....Another one I like is "Your So Vain" by Carly Simon.....Have a nice night all
Old 01-16-2009, 06:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Godsgirl, thank you for the message earlier. I tried to reply but I guess I need to do 3 more posts first.
I actually have 2 songs that get to me..
The first is "I'm not gonna sleep" by Clay Walker if you have never heard it, you really should. It describes me literally when my AH has gone MIA, truely gets to me everytime.
The other is "Making Memories of Us" by Keith Urban. Its something that I wish my AH could say to me. This song makes me cry.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ur My Everything by Lifehouse. It's me and HBF's song. Thus the reason for my screen name. It's a song that helps to remind me that there is still love out there even if it's with him when he turns his life around.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The Day the Music Died

I know this is going to sound odd....

Back in my mid 20's ( a long time ago) I stopped listening to lyrics that expressed emotional pain/saddness because it all tended to keep me rooted in whatever emotional pain/saddness I was experiencing. So many years later, when I hear this stuff, it's like listening to a foreign language....I cannot relate to any of it.

I do however, love Rod's voice and music. The words might as well be in Swahile.