Check this out!

Old 01-16-2009, 11:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Check this out!

My son came home this morning (he's been at the gf's house forever, just comes home for clean clothes).

Anyway, he came home said, "Hi Mom" gave me hugs and a kiss!! Had his hair cut looked real good. Asked if he could wash some clothes since they were still there from last visit (I refuse to do his laundry anymore).

Said he was on the way to meeting. He said he has been going to three a week! Actually had paperwork. I snuck a peek while he was doing laundry.

You know what I think? I think the parole officer put the fear of God in him last week, and he decided to clean up his act real quick.

Actually got a brick job building bar-b-cue at a restaurant! Just one small job, but hey it's a start. $500.00 for the job. Just goes to show you the guy could make good money if he would only go out and do some stone or brickwork.

I don't know how long this will last and, believe me, I have no big expectations; however, for everyone out there whose every waking moment is spent on worrying about a love one, take it from me the only way they "may" get it together is when we stop obsessing over them!

We will see, won't we??

Hugs, Devastated
Old 01-16-2009, 12:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hi Dev,

Great news, great day! Maybe a bit of good news (or at least maybe someone who can get through to) my BFs AS....we'll see. Time will out, right?

Hugs back at ya!
HG
Old 01-16-2009, 12:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow! Sounds great!! Whether it's the PO scaring him, you detaching from him, or someone smacking some sense into his head, looks like he's moving in the right direction again!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 01-16-2009, 12:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dev, Great news. Just goes to show what they can do when WE step out of the way.

Hugs,
Chris
Old 01-16-2009, 02:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the great news, Dev. When I stay out of my daughter's business she seems to manage just fine. (I still wash my daughter's work clothes for her so there is still a bit of a codie left in me) Hugs, Marle
Old 01-16-2009, 02:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
BBD

Thats great news Dev~~I was hopeing his PO would get ahold of him. Better him than you cause we just don't make sense to them. I wonder why??LOL So, my lesson from this is to stay away from Chris and thats what I'm working on~~~~still !!! Smiles, Bonnie
Old 01-16-2009, 05:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Dev, thats really good news! I am so glad for you both..
and Amy, your post was hilarious..lol
Old 01-16-2009, 05:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great to hear the good news!
Old 01-16-2009, 05:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

This is good Dev...this encourages me to stay out of the way on this Friday night.....not call him or his mom.....not stalk and drive by his house which is 5 minutes away.....but to be alone with my kids, relaxing reading this supportive site while listening to realplayer music, a movie to watch later...my abf is a polysubstance abuser (currently meth I think)...its effects repulse me the most...unlike any of the others he has used (pot,crack, heroin, benzos)....and this helps me to stay away strongly even more...again your good news is inspiring
Old 01-16-2009, 06:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm not getting real excited over one good move, but it is refreshing to have one good moment right?

Who knows what tomorrow may bring? Whatever it is, I'm getting braced for it.

Funny thing happened night before last that I have to share with you.

The phone ran at 3:15 am. I told Mr. Dev, "this can't be good news!" Well, no one there. In the morning, 8:00 am, I called the number back and his gal answered. I said, "you called me at 3:15 this morning, and then hung up!" Why? She replied, "I'm sorry, I dialed wrong. I was trying to reach my boyfriend 'cause we were going to make love over the phone!"

WHAT???? I STOPPED HER! TOO MUCH INFORMATION FOR ME! What's that all about? Conversation goes like, "hi what are you wearing?" answer, "my real nice flannel jammies that I got for Xmas, why?" LOL

The only advice I can give you girl is get a boyfriend that lives locally! I couldn't even stay angry with her 'cause she was so cute and sweet! I the suggested she go back to bed. I mean come on she was awake at 3:15 am so she must have been in bed at 8:00 am when I called right?

Wrong! She replied, oh no, miss, I'm at work!

I said, at work??? You're a better woman than I am! LOL

Hugs, Devastated
Old 01-16-2009, 06:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

That's too funny, Dev Poor girl, she didn't know what she was getting into when she got you on the line.

Your son sounds like he may be taking a turn for the better...do you ever feel like you are going to get whiplash watching them turn? I'm rooting for the good guy to win here, and the bad guy to just fade into the sunset.

Nevertheless, you may want to inventory your 1000 thread count sheets, I don't know how he could resist grabbing just one little set for himself.

Hugs
Old 01-17-2009, 11:06 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Ann

Wasn't that funny?

You know Ann you're right. I am signing off here and am going to take inventory of my linen closet! I better not find one sheet missing!

Shoot, I remembered to hide all valuables, but not the linens!

We did have our garden hose come up missing! Mr. Dev was furious! We've had the darn hose for years, and now it comes up missing! HMMM?

Of course, the son didn't take it right? What would he use it for? HMMM? maybe siphoning gas??? Didn't ask "did you?" Told him, HE DID!

Now he's wondering what happen to the special collector's coin he valued so much. I said, "I don't know!" Did say, payback's a bitch isn't it?

Hugs, Dev

p.s. anyone want to buy a coin?
Old 01-17-2009, 05:38 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by devastated View Post
Now he's wondering what happen to the special collector's coin he valued so much. I said, "I don't know!" Did say, payback's a bitch isn't it?

Hugs, Dev

p.s. anyone want to buy a coin?

Dev, you just crack me up.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:02 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
To Life!

Dev,
I just *love* listening to you and your stories!!!
Hope son has a real breakthrough.
And you don't have any linens missing!

Shalom!
Old 01-17-2009, 06:14 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Funny!!

Son called tonight to give me a "heads up" as he is waiting for three calls from jobs he bid. Hmmm? Could be or could not be, we'll see. I didn't answer just listened to the message.

At the end of the message he added, "did my coin show up?"

Is that hysterical?? Did my coin show up? That is definitely a "GOTCHA!"

Shoot, wish I had "stolen" his treasures before this!! Bet we won't be missing any more hoses!! LOL

Hugs, Devastated