Notices

3 months sober and still finding bottles...

Old 01-16-2009, 10:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Too far from the beach

3 months sober and still finding bottles...

When will it ever stop!! Everytime I clean I find another one in some real creative hiding place! Just found a bottle cap under the bed while looking for a pair of shoes. LOL... I know many of you can relate. I actually chuckled a little and thought about how pathetic I must have been laying in bed drinking Smirnoff Ice and watching CSI Miami and Intervention all those nights.

Yes, I had a few during "Intervention" on A&E.!!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2009, 10:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The same thing happened to me. When I moved and started packing I found bottles and beer cans everywhere. Just the other day I opened a guitar case I hadn't used in over a year and an empty vodka bottle fell out. I had to do a mass cleansing and got it all out of there so the new place wouldn't be tainted and I could relax.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Raises hand.....I found an empty beer can in my closet this week. I was looking for some art supplies because I'm starting to do some drawing again since my sobriety. (I'm doing a lot of things again, since sobriety!!!)
There was the empty can in there, tossed into my art supply box. It was a symbolic moment: as long as I drank, I never achieved the motivation to draw or paint. Instead I was using the boxes and bags in my closet to toss empty cans and bottles into!
I threw it away and went to my AA meeting....
Old 01-16-2009, 11:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Another hand raised... While deep cleaning recently I found an empty vodka bottle in the back of a cabinet. Kind of freaked me out. I looked at the bottom to see if there was a little sip left. *slap*. Fortunately it was bone dry.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I haven't yet found any more bottles, empty or full, but am just glad I no longer have to sneak or lie or hide bottles/drinking.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Moving out of Limbo

Found "the chalice" I forgot about (marijuana bong), and have found bottles and lots of bottlecaps.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

OMG - how many empties hiding around these days - think I locate them all and then, like you said - clear a sweater, box of shoes, box of cereal off a shelf and there it is! And I check too for a sip or two in the bottom of the bottle, but there's never anything there - thank goodness.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I actually found a moldy beer mug in a closet the other day - I don't even like beer! I'm a wino - must have been out that day. :wtf2
Old 01-16-2009, 11:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Dismember

My cat was playing with a cork the other day. Not sure where he found it but I'm glad he's helping clean up the place.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Resident

Congratulations to all that found bottles and cans. If it is the same as here in Ontario,Canada they are worth ten cents each. You may be richer than yoiu think.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

My husband found a beer bottle under a closet. I never even liked beer so had to be really desparate to drink it. I used water bottles but I do smell them if I find one laying around.

Toomuch - Of course it was bone dry we are not that stupid.

What a shame for us!! Thank God we are getting better.:ghug
Old 01-16-2009, 12:02 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Karma Amputee

Would somebody please explain to me why alcoholics hide bottles?

I never felt the need to hide bottles, though I have hidden cigarettes and nicotine patches from my wife and I know why I did that, so that she would not find out I was smoking and/or addicted to nicotine.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:19 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Eternal optimist

Count me in a chronic stasher of the boozing evidence. I hid bottles so no one at home would know I was drinking. I hid travel mugs full of wine in cabinets/closets throughout the house that way whatever room I was in I could gulp some down. The next day when I had a moment alone I would sneak the bottle out to the garage to put in the trash can.

Yeah, I know wine wasn't intended to be ingested that way but...That's why I'm here.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:53 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Drinking and watching Intervention on A&E is one of my favorite past times