scared of the future

Old 01-15-2009, 05:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

scared of the future

OK, quick update for those who don't know who I am: married for 10 years to AH, two sons (8 and 3 years old) and separated from him for over a year. I moved out of the house with the kiddos, because he didn't want to go anywhere when I raised the separation issue. He has been living in this huge empty house of ours, while I rent a much smaller home for the 3 of us but that's fine with me.
He is coming out of a 12 days rehab/detox facility today and he is going to his place (he had this plan to come and live at my place but I kept strong in my opinion that this wan't a good idea and I am glad I did so).
So now, I am still in a limbo state, not knowing what to do with my life in the long term. And as much as I try not to dwell on this and live day to day, that pi$$es me off big time.
I am just so tired of juggling the kids (one in school, another one in day care) and my job which is so intellectually demanding, on top of the ever so regular crisis to deal with AH. Since my family lives 10,000 miles from me, I have virtually no support here. Only one great friend (bless her) who is a constant in my life. And I keep thinking how my life sucks, and how in the world did I end up in this situation? Why in the world, did I choose to move on the other side of the world to live with AH????
I come to the conclusion that I must have been really really messed up to do this and I feel tremendous guilt about it.
I don't know, I am just so plain tired of this stupid life I live. How did I end up here? How do I make it better?

Sorry for the vent.... I am really aware that I am having a pity party right now but I can't help feeling so desperately frustrated about it all... And so deperately lonely too....
If only I could go home to my birth country, be surrounded by friends and family who care about me and provide support....
Old 01-15-2009, 05:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

What's stopping you from making the move?
Old 01-15-2009, 05:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Legally, I am not able to take the children permanently into another country. That would be considered kidnapping I think.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lucy06 View Post
Legally, I am not able to take the children permanently into another country. That would be considered kidnapping I think.
You think? I've found out that things are much more scarey when I don't know for sure. I would talk with an attorney and find out what the options are and possible repercussions. (i.e. some things that are technically illegal are not enforced in practice) When I have definitive knowledge of the situation, I have far less fear.

L
Old 01-15-2009, 07:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks! Unfortunately, if there is one single thing I know for sure is that my husband will NEVER let me go with the children who have australian citizenship.
I suppose, I am just feeling very sad right now because my mum has been visiting us for a month and will go back on tuesday and I got to taste the luxury of having another responsible adult in the house, that I can rely on and who truly loves me....
The prospect of doing it all by myself again is rather daunting....
Old 01-15-2009, 07:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

If you had full custody could he stop you? Instead of assuming that he can stop you why not find out for definate, that would be one big thing done and dusted and then you can make plans from there...
Old 01-15-2009, 07:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lucy06 View Post
I am just so plain tired of this stupid life I live. How did I end up here? How do I make it better?
Sounds like a great time to start figuring out the answers to your questions.

I know that over the past 1 1/2 yrs since I began my journey down the road of my recovery, life has been challenging, scary, wonderful, exciting, daunting and a big eduation. I am not the same person I was when I left xAH. I am a much healthier person with the beginnings of understanding of why I married an alcoholic (yup, I knew it going into it altho I denied it), why I chose to enable him for years without getting what a wife "should" get out of a marriage, who I want to be when I grow up.

You too can begin to take your journey down that road to recovery and find your own answers to your questions.