Notices

update

Old 01-15-2009, 12:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

update

It hs been a long time since i have posted. I just havn't known what to say, how to ask for help, how to help others. So I have just stayed away - that reclusive behavioe that I get rapped up in sometimes.

My Nephew had his day in court and will be relead into my brothers custody in 20 days. He is to have zero contact with my sister or any of his friends. It breaks my heart that things have ended up this way, but thank God for my brother.

Cam is doing much better - his meds. have him almost completely back to normal. Thank God for that.

We, like so many others are hurting financially. My husbands work has died down to practically nothing. We are selling things right and left just trying to make the mortgage. Thank God We are still getting by.

I had to stop all the therapy I was recieving because starting in January we have to meet a high deductable untill the insurance actually starts helping. Could be much worse as we could be out of insurance.

I have been the victim of fraud that has taken me back nearly $1000. Praying the bank will help me out there. I have a new card coming with a new acct. # soon.

Have been having drinking dreams, bad ones, they have been including blackouts. The strange part is I have been talking to my husband out loud while I am dreaming telling him I am drunk and weird sh*t like that.

I found a dear old friend on facebook who suggested in a message that we meet for a drink. I'm trying to decide if I should go and just have some soda with lime or avoid the situation all together.

I am sick with the flu right now after having a sinus infection - so I have been sick for going on 3 weeks.

Anyhoo, I just wanted to let ya'll know what I've been up too. I hope you all are well and sober.

God Bless,
Suzette.
Old 01-15-2009, 12:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update Suzette,

I hope things really turn around for you and your family. I'm sending good thoughts and prayers your way! Hang in there,

Heavy.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Good to hear from you

Financial stuff is tough, I have been out of work for 4 months and the bank is in the process of foreclosing on the house. When I let my head go I feel so alone and unloved and ... But then I talk to my HP and reach out to members and remeber that this is life and I need I am not the house or my work or... I am Kevin and all that means and that is emerging as I live the spritual program I have taken up.

I wish you only the best.

Kevin
Old 01-15-2009, 01:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Suz, I have also been wondering about you. Thanks for checking in. :ghug3
Old 01-15-2009, 01:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I was wondering where you been.
I am sorry about whats going on.
But you have made it thus far. I know you can keep it up.
Not much advice on the friend thing.
If you think you are going to be uncomfortable. Dont go. Or maybe meet for coffee instead.
I hope things start turning around for you soon Suzette.
But you are proving yourself in your recovery.
Just hang in there.

Old 01-15-2009, 01:46 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

Thanks Suzette. I was just looking you up the other day. Times sure are tough and you are not alone in this. Keep praying for acceptance and guidance towards the next right thing..

I've recently found a few old friends on facebook too. While we're catching up, or if they ask to meet for a drink, I tell them how much I've changed and one of those changes has been that I don't drink anymore..but how bout a cup of coffee?

I"ve received nothing except acceptance and genuine congrats and "good for you" back. Give it a shot, you might be surprised.

big hugs

Karen

Last edited by NOMOMERLOTMAMMA; 01-15-2009 at 01:46 PM. Reason: what else? spelling
Old 01-15-2009, 01:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Hi Suzette, it's good to hear from you and thanks for the update. I wish I could say that I know exactly how you feel, but I understand that you're the only one who truly knows that.

I'd guess that many of us are struggling in this economy. I'm not doing too bad financially, but my job hasn't felt too secure and I'm about to sink myself deeper into debt with the purchase of a larger home. And until my current home sells we'll be carrying two mortgages. It's becoming more difficult to "live in the moment" or live "one day at a time", but it's only there that I feel peaceful and safe. There's not much sense in futurizing (or awfulizing) too much.

I have a friend in recovery who uses the phrase "in spite of myself". I'm doing pretty well in spite of myself, things look good in spite of myself, in spite of myself I have food on the table and a roof over my head. I think I understand what he means by that now. It certainly applies to me.

Please stay strong and sober. Trust me, the grass probably ain't greener on the other side. Oh, and give Cam lots of hugs. He's got a great Mom
Old 01-15-2009, 01:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

THanks for checking in. Was wondering where and how you were. I'm glad you are still making it. The economy really sucks, it's kicking everyone's @ss right now. Glad Cam is doing bette. TAke it one day at a time and you'll get thru.

:ghug3
Old 01-15-2009, 03:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

(((Suzette)))

I was going to send you a pm today, to see how you were, so glad you checked in. Great news on Cam!!

I'm sorry about the financial news. We are in the same position. Dad is checking out filing bankruptcy, as his work has pretty much died down. I've gotten more hours at work, but since I work for tips, and business still isn't great, that's not much help. Between the 2 of us, we still have a roof over our head, and food to eat, so I'm grateful.

I agree with others about the friend...why not suggest meeting for coffee? Don't know about you, but when I'm really, really stressed, it's not a good time to be around temptations.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 01-15-2009, 03:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks for all your replies... My thank you button is not working.

I know I am not alone in this whole bad economy thing. We have all been touched by it in one way or another.

Karen - Thanks for the suggestion to ask my friend to meet for coffee - I will do that.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Me too Suzette - wondering about you alot lately. Today when I checked on my Arthritis website I wondered how Cam was doing. So wonderful that at least he is feeling better. So much stuff you're having to cope with - I'm so sorry. Nothing stays the same for long, and this too will pass. As we always say, nothing will be made better by drinking - we'll just add another problem to the list if we do. The comfort and relief we seek will not be found there. Heaven knows, I tried..... Sending love to you.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:49 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Suzette,

I'm glad to hear from you and it's great that Cam is doing so much better.

Meeting the friend for coffee is the way to go!
Old 01-15-2009, 06:56 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi toomutch you said in your post "you dont know how to help others"....
But you just did........by posting that you showed others in early recovery
that life can get pretty "sticky" and yet you remain sober through it...

It is possible to face life on life terms and stay sober and your living proof.

Your also evaluating a situation where alcohol is involved rather than just going hoping your be ok.................all useful stuff that a newcomer will pick up on......imo

That said im sorry to hear of your troubles.......ive had a sprinkling of it myself just recently........work is grim but i still have a job.......some problems with teenage children that think my stuff is their stuff..lol....i work nights so im only getting about an hour of daylight a day........which is depressing me a bit..

But we still have the gift........we are still sober.......god be with you..trucker
Old 01-15-2009, 07:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Hey ! Glad things are ok, I'm really happy you checked in.

Take care of yourself, and don't WE need to meet for coffee soon? PM me
Old 01-15-2009, 07:19 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Really good news about Cam...
Prayers continue for y'all.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:45 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
getting there

Hi TM,
Good to hear from you. I'm really sorry about all your financial troubles, this economy is just terrible! It sounds like you're still getting through it sober though, and I'm glad you came here to post when you were feeling stressed. I agree with others that I would go the coffee route... with the dreams and the stress, it doesn't sound like a good time to be around alcohol.

:ghug3
Old 01-16-2009, 06:57 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

(((((((((toomutch))))))) So good to see you! And so happy to know Cam is doing better. Sorry to hear about the financial problems. I think we are all in for some hard times. I can still remember my grandparents talking about the Depression. They survived and I believe we will too.

You're on my list for positive thoughts and good energy.

Much love,

Lenina
Old 01-16-2009, 09:52 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I've decided that I won't be going to meet my friend for a drink, I would feel way to uncomfortable. I messaged her about coffee - so we'll see.

Thanks for all your replies...

I love you all,
Suzette
Old 01-16-2009, 10:02 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Wow, you just have one thing after another going on. Just hang in there.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:59 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Hi Suzette- It's great to hear from you and wonderful to know that Cam is doing better. Still keeping you and your family on the prayer card tho - can never have too many prayers, right?

I hope you feel better soon & stay around here as much as you can - you are part of the family here and we miss you when you are gone!

Love Jomey