Notices

Only positivity-no negativity

Old 01-15-2009, 03:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Resident

Only positivity-no negativity

We are all just starting out; a lot of us in our first or second week, and I am sure most of us have spent quite a bit of that time beating up on ourselves.
So for today at least I am only going to think positive thoughts about myself. i will try to focus on the good things I have done and forget about the bad.

Despite being a drunk I was a cub leader for 6 years.
I took my kids to the park to play almost every day.
I was faithful to my wife.
I saved for our future as best as I could.

Just for today I would like to see others here post a good thing or two or three that they did and let us all feel good about ourselves.

Tomorrow we can go back to beating ourselves up. I am sure we aren't finished with that yet.:ghug
Old 01-15-2009, 05:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

I have a desire to learn.

I taught myself:

to bake bread
to cook
to make soap
to kayak
to raise chickens

And with my friends here at SR, I am learning to live sober!
Old 01-15-2009, 05:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

FUBAR - Great idea for a thread - thanx

I stayed close to my kids, at least until the very end of my downward spiral. We've been canoe camping, backpacking, skiing, hunting and fishing together. We play and listen to music together. We all like and respect each other. I watch football games with them. I've taken my youngest son to NFL training camps and three NY Giants games.

I never cheated on my wife, I love and respect her and she is the most beautiful woman in the planet.

I am a scout leader, my oldest is an Eagle Scout, the other two sons are working that direction.

I work with people that I love to be with and like to be with me. I have worked in the same position and same community for nearly 23 years.

Now I am making the biggest life altering change in my life, and I have been clean and sober since September.

Thanx again FUBAR !!

Mark
Old 01-15-2009, 05:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I am completely responsible for my actions and reactions. I can choose my behavior.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:35 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Resident

You have a lot yo be proud of Cubile. Now we just have to learn the things on Pelican's list. I can't do any of those things although my youngest son is a bit of a chicken. Just kidding about him being chicken.
Let's all try to laugh a bit more today today.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:59 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Originally Posted by least View Post
I am completely responsible for my actions and reactions. I can choose my behavior.
Well said!
Old 01-15-2009, 06:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

FUBAR

I still ended up to be a very heavy drinker, drinking some mornings, every day, to black out occasionally. Pills, lots of pills.

This addiction thing spares nobody. It robs us of our gratitude. Which it did with me.

Oh yea - this is supposed to be a positivity thread... I like what least said, I am completely responsible for my actions and reactions... that's a good one.

Since I am already posting again, I'll add... I feel more continuous, what is or was on my mind, whatever I am working through, it doesn't get chopped up by nights of heavy drinking or pills. I get through it now, instead of running from it.... some kind of resolution happens, even if it ends up letting go to let God...

Sorry to double post on your thread so soon...

Mark
Old 01-15-2009, 06:45 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I watched mary Poppins with my two four year olds last night. My wife and I adopted them from Kahzakstan. That makes me happy....

Heavy
Old 01-15-2009, 09:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Resident

Post away Cubile. I don't have much yo do so I come here to read and post and the more posts there are to read the less I have to think of something to post to while away the time. I have been reading pretty much all of the threads. For me it is a form of therapy. We can't dwell on our own crap all day.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Resident

Heavy, congrats on your decision to adopt and make others lives so much better. Don't let substances get in the way of that. just give them the love that they need.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Eternal optimist

Fubar you have a great attitude, you're right -- we beat ourselves up a lot (for me it's a full-time job).
I'm grateful that I managed to raise all 3 of my children, the first half of their lives I raised them alone.
I am studying to be a nurse because I truly want to help others.
I started working with two organizations that find homes for stray/unwanted dogs and cats.
I'm grateful that I have my health --- and at least a few brain cells left so I can study
Old 01-15-2009, 11:56 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Cool thread and what a great exercise!
I'm proud of myself today for not giving in to fearful and angry thoughts, for not making an 'impulse purchase', for setting out to get my sister a birthday card (it's been ages), and for making wise purchases at the grocery store today.
Old 01-16-2009, 02:25 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

The title of this thread caught my eye right away, what a great idea.

Today I went swimming with my grandaughter, something I wouldn't of been bothered to do while I was drinking.

I completed a year of university and I'm preparing to start the second year and I love my job. All complements of staying sober one day at a time.

and my family like me now, most days. lol
Old 01-16-2009, 05:55 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
mergirl

I raised a child of my own, 2 steps, and took in 8 "stray" kids.
I stayed sober and extra healthy through my pregnancy, thank the stars
I never missed a water polo match, soccer game, choir concert, swim meet or dance recital, and I worked most of them.
I took care of 3 out of 4 grand parents in their declining years, one I sat bedside with as he lay dying so he could stay home til the end.
I earned a bach degree, teaching credential and real estate license.
I save stray dogs
I gave up valium at 18, meth at 27, cigs at 21, 25, 28, and finally 35=)
and I gave up booze dec 28, 08!!
Old 01-16-2009, 07:23 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Resident

The line came from a semi-reality show I saw a few years ago.It was called Joe Schmo. On the show everyone was actors except the one contestant who thought everyone else was a contestant also. it was hilarious.
Anyways the one that said that played a gay guy and he said it ever eposide and took pictures of the others smiling and laughing and kept an album.His name was Kip.
The funniest episode was when another actor who played the a**hole ripped up all his pictures and replaced them with pictures of himself mooning the camera. Great drama pursued. Joe never did figure it out.Remembering the show is my positivity for today. Have a good one.