NO more empty threats!

Old 01-13-2009, 07:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is what you make of it

NO more empty threats!

I am going to lawyers to have them draw up dissolution paperwork TODAY! I have been there and already had the consultation, now time for action.

AH is aware of this. He is still at our house. There have been many things going on since I have last posted. A little bit of it is still drinking and driving, hiding money and keys, drinking from the trunk of his car (since I say NO beer in the house) (last straw) drinking in the house with one child at home when I took the others to practice then hiding them in the trash and lying about it. name calling, I’m sure you all get the picture.

I’m not sure if he thinks this is another empty threat, boy I hope not. I realized empty threats didn’t do anything but buy fantasy, crazy time for myself and the A more drinking / family time.

I went to my room after I put the kids to bed last night, shut the door and turned on the tv. After about an hour I hear this noise, kind of like a dog crying/moaning. I was irritated thinking that he let the dogs out of their room and they are moaning/crying. I get up to see what it is and it is AH sitting in the living room watching TV saying “mamma” “mommy” “mamma” “mommy” in a childlike moaning voice. I went to check on the kids and he was still doing this. After I went back to bed he did this a couple more times and then quit. He was awake not sleeping and dreaming. WTF??? :wtf2What was that about? I kind of got a little nervous for a while thinking that he was crazy!

Can anyone relate to the “mamma” thing?

AH seen the paperwork for the lawyer on my bed this am and asked “what do you think your taking” I just kept doing my hair for work and getting ready. I said “I’m done with the bottle” He said “I’m done with YOU” then left.
UGHH why does this have to be so flippin hard. It makes it so much easier when he is being an A$$
Thanks for listening thanks for the needed support.
Old 01-13-2009, 08:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You're doing the right thing, cyclelady. It might just be so flippin' hard because it makes it easier to move on. If he were being all nicey-nice (which may come next - you watch) don't you think it would be easier to just go along with the flow again and live like this forever, or 'til something happens to one of your kids?

Sounds like your AH needs some therapy.

Not your problem, though.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Yield beautiful changes

I'm with GiveLove - as much as it sucks for him to be acting crazy (I have NO idea what the "Mamma" thing is all about!) in many ways it is a resolve-strengthener! It gives you courage to step ahead and make healthy choices for yourself.

When I told my AH that it was time for us to separate, he totally fell apart. He drank non-stop for 4 days and got a DUI in the process.

As sick and sad as it was, every time I looked at the man I KNEW that I was doing the right thing. His sickness picked up just in time to spur my health!

Good luck to you - my thoughts and prayers are with you today.
-TC
Old 01-13-2009, 08:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

{hugs} You are taking action to help you! That is great.

As to the mommy stuff, well, first off it's his issue to deal with but it could be a moment where he was experiencing the feelings of his inner child. Just a side not though since hsi issues, whatever they may be, are his issues.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Just my .02 but sounds to me like manipulation. In the end it doesn't matter because whether it's manipulation or serious mental issues, it's his problem.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

How horrible you have to live through his drama...but you should be so proud of what you are doing for yourself and for your kids!

If he's "done with you", well, perhaps you will finally have the chaos-free days you so deserve.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:03 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life is what you make of it

Thank you for all of your posts and support, it surly was needed on my end. I love hearing what you ALL have to say. The posts do help me to step back into reality and shake my head of the nonsense that is going on around me.
Again, thank you all so very much!!
About the mama thing, I wasnt sure if people who do drugs behave like this. He has ample access to the "drug dealer" since he drops him off to workout after work daily. Even though he SWEARS he would NEVER touch the stuff.
Thanks again!!
Old 01-13-2009, 06:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

((((cyclelelady))))..............You are taking that "leap of faith" and I know that you will land in a much more peaceful place for you and your kids. I won't be far behind you. What GiveLove said is SO true. Mine is in the "nicey-nice" place and it does make the decision that much harder.

Good for you for doing the right thing for you. BTW, the mama thing.....I've heard all kinds of weird stuff here. Mine was downstairs quoting bible verses not too long ago. Kinda weird for a man who has sworn off religion. Made me think the same thing about drugs or mental health issues. But, I'm pretty sure his brain is somewhat pickled by now. Thank goodness you won't have to ponder these things much longer!