Notices

Frustration with the process

Old 01-12-2009, 09:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Frustration with the process

Hello all. I'm new to this forum.

My husband is an alcoholic. He made the decision last night to go into detox which is great except one minor detail, getting an assessment appointment to be admitted.

I called the place authorized by our insurance this morning and 9 AM and got a voice mail. No return call by 10:30 AM so I called again. Got same voice mail and left message to PLEASE call back ASAP before he changes his mind. Still no return call. This has happened before. By the time we got the return phone call, he had changed his mind.

So, I wonder, what happens if we just show up at the door?
Old 01-12-2009, 09:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Is there no other place anywhere near you?
Old 01-12-2009, 09:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

As far as what is covered by our insurance, there is only one other place that I will try in a while. I called the same one a third time and asked if the person I was leaving messages for was in today and no, he's not in right now. He'll be in around 2 PM which is fine but it would have been helpful to have that information before being transferred twice earlier.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've had some success in the past talking directly to the people at my insurance carrier, who have been more than willing to get involved. Of course, not all carriers are the same, but in my case, they worked through red tape on at least two occasions. Seems a little weird (but who am I, just another recovering alcoholic/addict) that it is taking you this long to get to someone at the "treatment" center.

Some people just show up to the ER and start there.

Good luck!