Notices

Sober News and Not Shocked.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BKP

Wink Sober News and Not Shocked.

:ghug2I dropped the news to my girlfriend's side of the family I am sober and loving this life, they were cool with this, for a while I was worried because we use to drink and get drunk together during family parties. I talked with her cousin and he was happy for me, his mother died a few years ago due to drinking etc....They were not shocked and they figured wow! What took you so long, we saw this coming years ago. Anyone else breathe fresh air when you told them ?
Old 01-12-2009, 07:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
BKP

I was doing some thinking and for some odd reason because I never drank this brand of beer, the first beer and first time I ever got drunk was Labatts and the last beer or any drink I had was Labatts it was almost like it went full circle. I am glad to be sober and glad to have honest, awesome people like you to share this with.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i was relieved when my daughter admitted her alcoholism/drug use, it explained a lot of the behaivor. scared, tho.

glad you were able to get so much encouragment, bkp. k
Old 01-12-2009, 07:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Resident

I haven't told my grown children yet but plan on doing it this Sunday. I hope that they support me and forgive me for all the times I treated them poorly when I was drunk.
Old 01-12-2009, 07:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Moving out of Limbo

Good for you, BKP. That is always a great thing when friends who we used or drank with are that supportive of our sobriety. It's a bonus.

I wish you the best your continued sobriety. I think getting sober is one thing, but staying sober day to day is the biggest part of it.

much love
Old 01-12-2009, 08:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Everyone was VERY happy when i told them i was clean and sober and that i was an alchoholic now in recovery....

They felt like now they actually new what the problem was instead of trying to figure out what the heck was going on with me...and they felt that now that i had the problem figured out...a solution was a possbility..hopefull they said