Notices

Hello and Help

Old 01-11-2009, 04:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello and Help

Hello to all. I'm brand new and not real computer savvy but thought something like this might help me with my addiction problems. I know what I want but I don't know what to expect. I'm sure there are some stellar words of wisdom out there floating around in the cyber world. Somebody lay it one me.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Question Help

I'm posting a reply but i dont know what i'm replying to?
Old 01-11-2009, 04:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I can relate

I'm just getting started at this and i can relate to what you're talking about. Seems like the drinking can fix whatever ales you but come later, it's all still there, it changes nothing. The relief i always seek is anxiety, i have no other word for it. I drink usually because I cant imagine not drinking and am afraid of what i will feel if i dont have a few beers in me right after work. wierd i know, but that's the way it is. IT's starting to catch up to me. been at it for about 40 yrs. I marvel at my successes with the amount of booze and dope i have consumed.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

BikeRider...

I noticed you were lost on another thread and so I moved
you out to one of your own. Please check your PM box.

I'm glad you joined us....Welcome!
Old 01-11-2009, 08:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Welcome BikeRider.....I'm horrible with the computer, too...but everyone here is so understanding!

Please hang around and keep reading/posting.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hiya Bikerider

After 40 years of heavy boozing you should try to help your liver repair itself. I started taking milk thistle capsules about 5 days before I quit and multi vitamins along with extra turmeric, vitamin B and vitamin E. Milk thistle 2 times a day, everything else only once.
I'm not claiming to be an expert, but this worked for me. I've tried cold turkey before, but the night panics, sweating and insomnia always made me have a sneaky drink to calm down, and around we go again. This is the longest I've been sober in 3 years, drinking in a similar pattern to you for 15. Last year I had a check up for work, my gamma GTP levels were 110, but I chose to ignore it. For the past 2 months I'm had that "dull pain" a lot of people are describing, so I've had enough. I recently got married and my wife is expecting our first child, I was so afraid of the drinking getting totally out of control I had to stop, I want to enjoy my pension....

If you haven't stopped already, perhaps you should consult your doctor and have a really honest discussion about this, you might need some help with withdrawal of mood swings.