Notices

not feeling so great...

Old 01-11-2009, 12:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

not feeling so great...

so thanks, i feel like i can speak here without judgement and/or censor but yeah, i did drink some beers. i never did commit to try and not drink, but i'm confused because we've got all this liquor from new years eve (untouched)- a fifth of tequila (and some more in a bottle we never finished), an almost full bottle of gin, and some beer we bought for new years eve we didn't drink, and i don't feel the need to be like okay i NEED or WANT it, but if i have what i bought at the store (a twelve pack), i'll feel like i should drink it? this place has really helped me with questions i have about addiction, thank you so much, i check in here often but rarely post- everyone here is what i aspire to be. oh and p.s. i had a heart to heart with my spouse and he confessed to me that maybe it wouldn't hurt to not drink as much (i'm a party girl, i'm the wahooo!! girl) and it really made me think. he's the one that buys me my alcohol, so more to the irony/confusion.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Something I've learned over the past few months... just because it's in the house doesn't mean you have to drink it. I stood and watched my husband pour the remains of about 8 bottles of booze down the drain a couple of weeks ago. Yes, on some level it hurt my heart... but it NEEDED to be done. I don't need that crap in my house anymore. My health, my sobriety, and my LIFE are worth more than the money we paid for that poison.

Give it away or pour it out if you truly want to attempt sobriety. Take the temptation away; give yourself a better chance to stick with it.

Best wishes. And congrats on that heart-to-heart with your spouse!
Old 01-11-2009, 09:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

If you don't want to drink it, pour it out! Can't drink what you don't have.. and it's really not going to do much good to have around.. it's NOT a waste, what good does it bring?

Glad you're here!