I'm Doing Something For ME!

Old 01-08-2009, 01:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Getting to my HAPPY PLACE!

I'm Doing Something For ME!

While with my xabf I didn't participate in many out of the home activities because I was too busy "keeping up with him" and trying my best to dissuade him from drinking so much. (Yeah I shake my head at the absurdity of that now too!)

Anyways - I'm signing up for my very first yoga class tonight. I've never done it and have always thought I would enjoy it but was too afraid to be gone from the house for any amount of time - for fear of what might be going on while I was gone. So I'm really looking forward to it and I feel great about making the choice to do something for me.

Oh and another thing - I have the opportunity next week to attend a chainsaw certification class if I want. (I work for an environmental organization and we use volunteers sometimes to help clean up land or help build trails) So I would be one of two people in our office that would be "chainsaw certified". I find that both scary and exciting at the same time. I'm seriously considering going to the class - sort of like facing a fear and proving to myself that I can do whatever I want whenever I want.

Wish me luck!!!
Old 01-08-2009, 01:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

lovtolaff, congratulations on taking these steps for yourself, how COOL.

I've just signed up for a yoga class too (Friday mornings). I've never done it, save one little intro class, so I'm pretty excited and a little scared that I'll be the only one there who can't bend herself into a pretzel LOL

I'll be thinking about you! Chainsaws and yoga - you have the full spectrum there, I think

Take care of yourself
GL
Old 01-08-2009, 02:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This is cracking me up. I just found a yoga cd program I haven't opened yet but have been meaning to. Plus, I bought a cute little chain saw last fall! How funny that these two things are popping up for us codies

My chainsaw is very tiny, runs on a big battery like other electric power tools. It's so fun and I can actually cut little trees, probably nothing bigger than a 5-6" diameter trunk. But it's perfect for my needs. My girlfriends insisted on naming it for me -- Dick Chainey.

Good luck with both endeavors!
Old 01-08-2009, 02:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dick Chainey.
peace, please warn us before you're about to say something that will make me spit coffee all over my monitor (wipe, wipe, wipe)
Old 01-08-2009, 03:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Awesome! Now that really sounds interesting Lov! Good for you

Keep us posted on how the first class goes!
Old 01-08-2009, 06:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

good for you lov! how cool!

have a great time on your new projects, and ignore all the quacking from the huge duck in the room.