Bad dreams about ex-addict b/f...

Old 01-07-2009, 08:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bad dreams about ex-addict b/f...

I've been split up from my ex addict b/f for almost 3 months now. When I left him I didn't take his calls, I even got my # changed the following day, and haven't spoken one word to him since. I don't regret leaving him, it was whats best for my life, and my son's life (not his son). I've even met someone else, he makes me so happy, he treats me right, and it's great...but heres the thing, I keep having crazy/bad dreams about my ex brian. one of them he was doing drugs on the back of a truck, one we were at an amusement park & he was upset b/c they wouldn't let us ride together, and several other meaningless dreams. But the one I had a couple days ago disturbs me the most, I dreamed he kidnapped me, took me to an abandoned building that had bars on the windows and doors, and I couldn't get out..he was screaming at me, hitting me, and raping me. It was such an awful dream, I woke up crying, and it's been on my mind for several days. I know it is probably just my mind wandering about my secret true fears, because he was truly crazy, and violent, and did try to choke me twice for real. But I can't help but wonder if this is some kind of warning that it will happen, or that something will happen. I've been alert and super aware of my surroundings since our split, but it's just creepy. Any thoughts??

alli
Old 01-07-2009, 08:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Alli,

Everyone has different theorys on how and why dreams come about, if you read 20 books on dreams, they all are different.

My personal experience with dreams are they are a combination of everything that has been on my mind, twisted with things I have seen, heard on the news, etc. all combined.

Never have any of my dreams been a preminition of anything.

I have however, picked apart my dreams and realized, 'oh, i do remember watching t.v. and there was cops breaking down a crack house, and I drove by the cemetary today, and well my bf is on my mind alot....' piecing it all together makes up a wierd dream!!

Keep a journal of your dreams, it's fun and interesting.

I the other night had a dream about my abf. (or should I say ex.) anyhoo, I had a dream that I walked into a filthy hallway, really dark, and there were doors everywhere... then I pushed a door open, and there were dirty metal cots all over the room, with bloodstains on the sheets.

My abf was lying there with an elastic around his arm, and a scummy guy was shooting him up.... I screeeeaaaamed in my dream, he looked pale, sick, skinny, and I was screaming "oh my god, he's shooting up, oh my god, he gave me aids!!!!"

Ok..... talk about scareing the crap out of me, I turned over and my abf was peacefully sleeping next to me, not skinny, or sick... and his doc is pills, he dosen't shoot up or anything.

I realized that I DO worry about him constantly, and unfortunatly I had read a post about a member that found out her abf was shooting up in public bathrooms and she never knew.....

THAT is why I drempt that dream, not becuase it was a preminition that he will be doing heroin....

Soooo, keep a journal - try to keep one during waking hrs as well and piece it together.

Glad to hear you are happy and have moved on!!

Best of luck to you,
Cessy
Old 01-08-2009, 11:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow, I've had the shooting up dreams about my ABF before too, except I was the one putting the needle in his arm. It was crazy. Same experience of waking up, and looking over at him sleeping away all peaceful too. They messed me up for days at a time. He also was not addicted to heroin (or shooting up anything), but they really messed with my head. I have spent a lot of time trying to figure them out, reading all my dream books, etc. I still have very little clue as to what they meant, but I just wanted to say I know exactly what you guys are saying.