Notices

guess who's back ! ! !

Old 01-07-2009, 06:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

guess who's back ! ! !

well am back once again-i had an idea last night while i wos completely blotto-this might sound nuts but i know in the uk there are a lot of people who are feeling the same and could just do with someone to talk to to take their minds off the drink-i want so badly to kick it-so much so that over xmas i went and stayed in my parents house to try and stop-needless to say it didnt work-i'm thinking of trying to set up some sort of uk room where we could all get together and try and keep each other busy when the times are quiet and the temptation is there-nothing against americans or anybody else but the timezone separates us and when us uk geniuses need support the american geniuses are in bed asleep-i'm just trying to find my way out of the darkness and need to do something to help myself, and others if i can-i have cut myself off from my family now because they dont like seeing me drunk and need to start afresh-if nobody replies then it's ok-but it could be the start of something-including my change in life-which is desparately overdue ! all thoughts are welcome-good or bad
Old 01-07-2009, 06:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Welcome back joey8262.

Good luck with the UK room thing. It sounds interesting. There are quite a few people here from the UK so I hope it works out for you. You can post to any thread here though... time zones don't matter that much with the sheer amount of threads and info to wade through .
Old 01-07-2009, 07:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i dont want to crash the thread but i know the way ive felt sometimes of a night-the only way out is to get a drink-i was like that all over xmas and new year-my 10 yr old told my mum on xmas day he hated seeing me drunk-and that crucified me inside-i wasnt even with him-i was out cold on my couch(sofa) i spent from 8pm with him-and he goes to bed at 9.30-what sort of parent am i ? it's wrong-so wrong-i want to stop so bad but its like am fighting a losing battle
Old 01-07-2009, 07:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Wendy4T6

Originally Posted by joey8262 View Post
well am back once again-i had an idea last night while i wos completely blotto-this might sound nuts but i know in the uk there are a lot of people who are feeling the same and could just do with someone to talk to to take their minds off the drink-i want so badly to kick it-so much so that over xmas i went and stayed in my parents house to try and stop-needless to say it didnt work-i'm thinking of trying to set up some sort of uk room where we could all get together and try and keep each other busy when the times are quiet and the temptation is there-nothing against americans or anybody else but the timezone separates us and when us uk geniuses need support the american geniuses are in bed asleep-i'm just trying to find my way out of the darkness and need to do something to help myself, and others if i can-i have cut myself off from my family now because they dont like seeing me drunk and need to start afresh-if nobody replies then it's ok-but it could be the start of something-including my change in life-which is desparately overdue ! all thoughts are welcome-good or bad
We are all individuals and we each need what works for us as an individual… For me I tried all the self help advice yada yada… But it took rehab for me… I put myself on a plane and went over 3000 miles away from home and family for a month… I left my hubby and 2 children… I hated it when I arrived and ended up loving it by the end of the 30 days… Different strokes for different folks… I had to do it for ME first and then came the Children and Hubby… I took it seriously because I was there for Me and not because I had a nudge from the judge… Had I have continued on the path I was on, I would have been there under a court order, but I got myself there before any kind of legal troubles came my way.. Whatever you choose I wish you the best… I made my decision 2 ½ years ago and my life is so much fuller now…
Old 01-07-2009, 12:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Welcome back Joey!

Can you stop just for today? This one day?

Is rehab an option, as Wendy suggested..(rehab might be what you need)..

Are there recovery "rooms" already near you?

Whatever you need to do, just try.

There is always someone here on SR...just try for 24 hours, an hour at a time.

Good luck!
Old 01-07-2009, 04:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Joey,

There is always someone online so post anytime you like.

There are lots of members from the UK and Australia and other parts of the world too.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I could never know what you are going through in your life... but I think this: that noise that's screaming abuse at you in your head has absolutely no place in your life. I doubt you would be able to hear anything said to you about how precious and extraordinary you are until you made it stop. And I would urge you, with the greatest respect, to speak with your doctor about counselling to help nurse your self-esteem back to health.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm a night owl and an early bird...I'm also in Ohio. But, you never know...You might catch me on here. If so...I'll chat with ya
XOXO
Old 01-16-2009, 03:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

am back again !! am not happy at the moment-i need some sort of support-i'm on my own and i dont know where to turn or wheree to go next-my son finishes school at 3.20 in the afternoon and i fell asleep at 3.05-and woke up up 3.50-went to skool and secretary wosn't impressed-she wos well suspicious-i cant do it anymore