upload/download

Old 01-04-2009, 01:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

upload/download

OK, guys, give me a break here. I'm still trying to upload or download or whatever you call it, trying to post a photo here.

Every time I click on "manage files" and do the browse thing, I get a message saying upload failed.

I am real tired to failing, do you hear me??? Tired! Now, someone please have a heart and tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I have a photo on my desktop, and everywhere else on my computer, photobucket, just everywhere, 'cause I tried to send it 100 times, and cannot send it for you all to see.

Tell the truth this is some kind of conspiracy right? You all don't want to see my photo right?

I uploaded it onto photobucket, but cannot get anywhere from there.

What in the world am I doing wrong? Trying? Maybe I should stick to what I know best which is??? Breathing!!

Hugs, Devastated
Old 01-04-2009, 03:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Go to ImageShack® - Image Hosting (a free and safe site) and you can download it there, and also resize it...it will turn it into a code. Just use Browse to find it then size it, and then click on Host It and wait.

When it is done, copy the link on the line that says Hotlink for forums (1)
at the end, and then bring it here and paste it on your thread.

You can start a thread here to just practice on, if you like, That is what I did when I was trying to figure it out.

You can do it Dev, I just know you can
Old 01-04-2009, 03:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Since it's hosted at photobucket, you can use the code they provide that has [ img] [/ img] and copy/paste it here.
Old 01-04-2009, 04:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

here's what I do in Photobucket:

Scroll my mouse over the picture I want - there will be 4 things listed under it (or if you click on the photo and it comes to another screen, on the right side you will see an area that says "Image Link Code" with 4 items listed under it. In either case, I want to select the 4th item - (actually the bottom item) which is labeled "IMG Code" I click on that, right click and copy the link listed.

Come here and paste that link in my post. That's all you need. I don't bother with manage files or anything - just copy and paste the IMG Code. (What Chino said - just more boring detail, lol)

Old 01-05-2009, 10:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks

OK, I'mma goinna try again! Thanks for taking your time to teach me!!

You have to give me credit for being so persistant right? Remember what my son use to say about me (probably still does) "you're like a pitbull, when you get ahold of something you don't let go!" lUCKY FOR HIM I WAS, OR AM! LOL

Hugs, Devastated