Just for the Record

Old 01-04-2009, 09:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DII

Just for the Record

Friends and Family of Alcoholics (31 Viewing)
12 step based recovery forum-(Al Anon)- for families, relatives, and friends whose lives have been affected by someone else's drinking. If someone close to you, such as a family member, friend, co-worker, or neighbor, has or has had a drinking problem you'll find support here.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
DII

If we all stay true to this we can get back to helping those joining this site.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Recovering Codependant

I whole heartedly agree, I hope moderators will encourage the use of PMs to reconcile personal differences and NOT encourage the use of or create additional threads to hash out differences.

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 01-04-2009, 10:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for bringing back the reason I came here to begin with. In the past 2 weeks I've had to deal with the impending loss of my job, the loss of my dad, the stress of the holidays and, of course, the status quo with my AH. I think having an alcoholic spouse in addition to any one of those events would have been enough to put me over the edge without the love and support I have found here. I, too, have been sad to find the bickering going on, and probably wouldn't have stuck around if it had been like this when I first came here.

I do appreciate the straightforward (and sometimes painful) advice given by those who have walked in my shoes. I feel it is often the posts that initially tick me off that I've learned the most from. Just like in any community of people there will be those we connect with and those that get under our skin. Hopefully we will all learn to ignore the latter.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
cmc

Originally Posted by DII View Post
Friends and Family of Alcoholics (31 Viewing)
12 step based recovery forum-(Al Anon)- for families, relatives, and friends whose lives have been affected by someone else's drinking. If someone close to you, such as a family member, friend, co-worker, or neighbor, has or has had a drinking problem you'll find support here.
Thanks DII. Yes, for me it is all about the support I receive when another member shares how it was for them, what they did and how it is now. That's what I'm interested in reading and what I consider to be the most respectful and helfpful kind of support there is.

I am not qualified, nor is it my purpose or right, to give advice but only to share my story and offer others the choice to apply some, part or none of my solutions.
Old 01-04-2009, 11:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

i also agree with one exception. i still have such deep issues that i find it very helpful to have a respectul discussion about my character flaws or triggers.

course, i'm not easily offended.....still kinda numb that way. or maybe i feel that i can take what i like and leave the rest.