Notices

111 hours and counting!!!! I feel AWESOME!

Old 01-04-2009, 09:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

111 hours and counting!!!! I feel AWESOME!

:ghugAnd it's all good!!! I feel GREAT today. When I am like this, I wonder why I take that "first" drink at all, you know? Why feel that THAT when I can feel like THIS? I know it's part of the disease but I question it a lot when I am sober.

I am really trying to decide whether to start an anti-depressant. I don't feel depressed UNLESS I drink... I usually drink in reaction to stressors in my life (like a death, financial troubles, a really sick kiddo) and so on.... and THEN I get depressed because booze, as we know, is a depressant... My Doctor says that the drug she prescribed, Celexa, over time will make the anxiety attacks subside a bit... but then I read the side affects (like suicidal thoughts, insomnia, weight gain, no sex drive, and so on) and I get anxious about taking it, lol....

Anyway, today I am taking the kiddo's to see mt folks and then to visit daddy at work... then CLEANING this house... the darned Xmas tree needles are ALL over the place and I have two repair people and a therapist for my daughter coming tomorrow!

I HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-04-2009, 09:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I was taking ant-depressants when I was drinking (duh!)! Maybe the depression will lessen as time goes by. The side effects are sometimes worse than the cure!
Old 01-04-2009, 09:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

p.s. I'm no doctor!
Old 01-04-2009, 09:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Way to go girl.......sounds like your already reaping the benifits of staying sober...
As for the medication.......i dont know i aint no doctor but maybe you already got the answer.
You said....I am really trying to decide whether to start an anti-depressant. I don't feel depressed UNLESS I drink...
So how about you wait for a while to decide?
See how you feel after your body gets used to being without poison? for a while anyway.
Only you know how you feel.
Please bear in mind these are the thoughts of an alcoholic and im not a doctor.................great to hear you so happy...........trucker
Old 01-04-2009, 10:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi there

Glad you having a good one today:-)

I am on seroxat (paxil) but was doing ok anyway before it kicked in so will hopefully get weaned off it in a few months! No side effects for me, guess i am lucky! I think they gave it to me to help me get less anxious and to get out of the rut i was in of drinking everyday. I have been trying for years to quit on my own so would have stuck pins in my legs if the docs/psychiatrist had advised it in order to change my life. I got prescribed anti depressents 7 years ago, was a little scared of taking them and was not too keen on meds, 7 years later i am taking them so i guess when you ready:-)

Hope you stay well!