Notices

Day 3

Old 01-03-2009, 01:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

Here it is day, 3...I would be drinking by now, because this would be the "other" day of my "every other" day drinking binge. This has became a routine of mine since my hubby and I lost our jobs a little over 2 months ago. We just got back from the store and I'm getting ready to make some taco salads...yummy. Still hanging in there and taking it "A Day At A Time". I'm so happy that my hubby is supportive of me and he doesn't like drinking that much anymore. He used to enjoy drinking about a year and a half ago and just did it mostly out of boredom. Me on the other hand did it out of boredom, for fun, when I was stressed and mostly for the buzz...I enjoyed doing it no matter what. It sure made everything more fun...like cleaning house, dishes, doing crafts and just plain hanging out at home. But I would have such terrible guilt the next day, even if everything went just fine the night before. I just wanted to check in and let you know how I was doing and that I haven't had a drink since New Years Eve. Right now I'm drinking a Diet Pepsi w/Wild Cherry flavoring...."Cheers, here's to another day and here's to today".
Let's just see what tomorrow brings, because it is another day.
I would love to say no more for me please, never doing it again...but that is just to scary to think about. That is why I'd rather deal with it a day at a time. Besides, I think I would be pleased with myself if I did just cut back to once a month compared to the every other day routine.
Thanks for Listening and God Bless!!!
Take Care,
XOXO
Old 01-03-2009, 02:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Congrats on 3 days!
Old 01-03-2009, 02:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Way to go ADAT! Your enthusiasm for sobriety is inspiring! Kep up the great work!! Sober is better!
Mike
Old 01-03-2009, 02:22 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks angelina and mike...just for saying that my "enthusiasm for sobriety is inspiring", makes it even more of an inspiration to me....LOL!
Thanks again,
XOXO
Old 01-03-2009, 02:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Phaleron View Post
Congrats on 3 days ADAT! It feels good doesn't it!
Thank you, Yup...So far it does.
XOXO