Notices

Happy New Year, I have hope for you newcomers.

Old 12-31-2008, 11:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Thumbs up Happy New Year, I have hope for you newcomers.

Hi, I would like to recite a post I made on the alcoholism forums so you newcomers can see what my life has been like without alcohol for the past 6 months, for it hasn't been pleasant but I've managed to stay sober. Here goes, this is a post from the alcoholism forums I posted also.

"Amazing, the things that have happened to me ever since I tried to stop drinking which would trigger drinking, let me list them to show to you all that there is hope even with stress to not drink...

Around Juneish I got rejected by a woman I really liked mentally and physically *I never have had a relationship in my life also so it would have been my first time* and I was close to relapsing but I did not.

Around October I lost my Neopets account, this flipped me out because I had it so long and I loved it, however I did not drink.

Insecurities/mental anguish/depression/stress/life problems- This occurs all year around really and can occur a lot... depression spikes, anxiety attacks, life troubles as in lamentations of what I could be, what COULD be and what isn't etc... my insecurity about being an autistic ******... how numb I feel sometimes mentally, always getting off a medication or something, and throughout all those 6 months, no drinking. *I should add there's a lot of alcohol in the house so therefore it's even easier to go back to drinking*

Holidays- All the holidays... especially tonight, I did not drink. Amazing. Willpower and not needing that poison even though I will admit it was my brain's friend once, but that is a lie, it's a true poison that fakes you into something like a hustler...

Domestic Disturbances-I have had some domestic disturbances orally with my grandfather as I listed on the site before but that doesn't happen much anymore but the LAST TIME I DRANK on June 14thish was when my former stepfather who is on parole screamed at me and pointed his finger at me and was going crazy and making me feel bad, which was actually making my left arm ache, my head feel dizzy and pounding with blood, I felt short of breath and almost like I was dying, that's when I drank LAST *but that was before I started my 200 day campaign* And now even with all other Domestic Disturbances/etc I do not drink, so, good.

PSP- My psp broke and it has been making me crazy because I've wanted something installed on it for a while badly and I'm too stupid to follow guides/faqs so it was difficult, but I did not... drink

Computer- The biggest thing and IRONICALLY OCCURS ON NEW YEARS EVE, my computer which I've used well for nearly 3 years finally gets a major virus *which be careful all I suggest get AVG and keep it on at all times* anyway, and LUCKILY I was able to save my important files that I thought I would NOT have been able to save in the first place! So... therefore in conclusion, ... it was a successful year in sobriety.

Bless you all and Happy New Year, hope to see you later today in... 19 hours for my New Years Day Meeting! PEACE TO YOU ALL "

And so there it is. I hope it gives you all some hope =)
Old 12-31-2008, 11:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

P..I swear it like your a whole different person. You have no idea how it warms my heart to see you doing so well. Not just in recovery...But mentally and emotionally too. You have done a complete 180. And I am so proud of you. I always knew you had it in you. Keep up the great work. And the progress you have shown is absolutley amazing.
You have been such an inspiration and have been very willing to lend your support above and beyond. Be proud P. You are a true miracle.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Paulos...you are a wonderful miricle of sobriety. Thank you for sharing with us.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Thank you for sharing your success. This year can be a good one for you, I have no doubt!
Old 01-01-2009, 07:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Paulos,

It is wonderful to see you so full of caring for others and doing so well yourself!