So now my daughter is moving out

Old 12-31-2008, 04:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So now my daughter is moving out

Of course it seems I spend way too much time on this site! It is now my home away from home. haha My daughter told me she is moving out and can't live like this anymore. She is 10 weeks pregnant and is 20yrs old. My ah is so mean to her. I am not happy about her situation and last thing I wanted was for her to move out. But for her sanity and the health of she and the baby, maybe it is the best move. I will miss her so much. She has been not only my daughter, but a wonderful friend. She makes me laugh when I want to cry and I will miss her so much. I hope to follow her out that door very soon.. Why does he have to tear us apart this way? I guess misery does love company!
Old 12-31-2008, 05:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like your daughter is making a healthy choice to leave an environment she finds intolerable. Good for her.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

Good for her! I know you'll miss her being there, but how wonderful that she doesn't have to live with the abuse any longer Sue.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

She sees that she does not want to be in this terrible situation any more, does not want to bring a child in contact with it, and she's taking steps to find herself a more tranquil life. Be happy for her. She's not moving to the moon -- you'll still be able to talk with her any time you wish.
Old 12-31-2008, 07:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

I hope to follow her out that door very soon...
Old 12-31-2008, 07:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I feel so bad for you guys!!! My daughter is 22 and my AH is mean to her too. I can't wait to get away from him! If I have to she is going to live with my parents. It would break my heart to be without her!!! I will be praying for you two...

Hugs to you both!!
Old 12-31-2008, 08:00 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Sue,
Glad to hear that this site is comfort to you, I love it too. I am also very close to my daughter, and she moved into a place she shares with a roommate a few months ago to be closer to her new job. We still are very close, talk on the phones several times a day and see each other each week or so. You can still be close.
You can take comfort in the fact that she is strong and making choices that make sense for her. Feel good about what strength and courage that you were able to pass on to her.
When you feel stronger, saner, and when the time is right, you can make decisions that make sense for you.
Hang in there, and try to enjoy today.