Christmas was Drama-free Here's to the whole year?

Old 12-29-2008, 10:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A Brand New Life

Christmas was Drama-free Here's to the whole year?

I know it is presumptuous to assume the whole year can be that way, but at least Christmas was nice. I started on this site before my little one was born, debating whether or not to leave. I finally went to my mom's and it has been an upheaval in routine and life circumstance but in a good way. I can sleep safely knowing my baby girl is happy and doesn't have to be with me as a stressed mommy and freaked out over whether or not he will be moody, tense, stressed or depressed. This site contributed to my independence from all that I dealt with this year and continues to give me strength when I have a tough day. I just know that every choice we make is a thread that is woven into the fabric that creates our children's future and I intend to make it as wonderful, loving and child-like as possible without any drama. Thanks again guys, you really helped me through this. Here is to a New Year of building my life without allowing him back in.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I remember leaving my first husband when I was still pregnant with my daughter because he was physically and emotionally abusive. I couldn't seem to do it for myself, but I had no real trouble leaving for my daughter. i didn't want her to grow up with that kind of drama either. She had a peaceful childhood with me and I know it was tons better than it would have been had I stayed with her father (years later he did serious jail time for child molestation to a step daughter, in his 2nd marriage). God was obviously looking out for my daughter then, since he never saw her again after the divorce.

You did the right thing. You both deserve peace without constant drama and upheaval.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you had a dramafree Christmas and I truly hope 2009 is serene and happy for you and your precious little girl.