Notices

Hy parents are crayzy

Old 12-27-2008, 06:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hy parents are crayzy

lease holpe. They dont respond to normal enomioitions in a normal way.. I act freiendly around themn ande they hotile to mel. This is ho]w it is has alwayswst been since i can remember. The yell at me nonstop, i dont dont understand where that comeonfronm. I thihk they are crazy in somne why, but i dont knowl. I coul]d be better come to speack of it. Plese pray for me......
Old 12-27-2008, 06:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

All parents are crazy, Felly.

Old 12-27-2008, 06:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Slow down fel..I see your typin really fast.
If you have to..Go away from them when they get like that. When it gets to YOU like that.
Go in your room. I have to do that when the kids are here sometimes or I will lose it.
Sorry your upset...Just try to calm down and just remember to breathe.
I am thinking of you.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thinking and praying for you Felly. Keep posting if it is helping you. Hugs going out to you too. Sorry you are having such a bad time with the parents hon. What is going on?
Old 12-27-2008, 07:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Dismember

YESS! I am with you 100%. My parents even have come to admit that they are nuts because of me.

Parental b.s. is uncomfortably hard. I wish you all the best. Give SR another ring if you need.
Old 12-27-2008, 08:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Felly *hugs*

Parents can be difficult, I know.It took me a very long time to forgive my mom for many things that happened in my past.But there was a freedom in that too.

Not all parents are horrible though-I think it's something we have to work through as we recover.Relationships can be difficult to negotiate.It takes a lot of love, acceptance and letting go in the end. But it's a process.We can't blame our parents forever for our own problems-much as we'd like to.It's part of growing up that we move on from there, look at out own part in it all and let it go-but it can be hard to do.

That said-I hope you feel better soon and I really hope you're not drinking.It won't solve anything hun,

Love,

Julesxox
Old 12-27-2008, 08:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Mega and prayers coming your way
Old 12-27-2008, 09:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, but I dont know what is going on. I really dont remember posting this thread, and it was posted earlier today. Yet it is true anyway. I love my folks very much, but they push my buttons on a constant basis. I guess I push their buttons too, in revenge. I know that it is my fault that I have to be around them, I am afterall the loser daughter who cant take care of herself. But I really do love them.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hope your feeling better fel...

Old 12-27-2008, 09:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Your not a loser and stop thinking that!!!

And if you dont remember posting it..I know it looked like you were pretty upset. I type real fast and typo like crazy when I am upset too.

But if you dont remember ..I hope your ok.
Old 12-27-2008, 09:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You are not a loser Felly.You're doing your best.

I'm concerned though about you not remembering this.Are you okay?
Old 12-27-2008, 09:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Me too Fels - concerned I mean. Hope you're okay. (((Felly)))
Old 12-27-2008, 10:03 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks guys hug i love you all. I dont remember posting that thread, I usually dont have so many typos in my messages. Things are going decently in the house right now, not too many complaints.

Anyway, thank you for your kind words. I'm going to change my log in password and stuff. Have a nice night everyone.
Old 12-27-2008, 10:26 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Um-I'm confused.

You're going to change your password and stuff?Why?

You don't remember starting a thread?You don't usually have that many typos?I did-when I was drinking.I never remembered posting either....

Felly-come on.What's going on here? I'm not accusing you, but by the same token-I'm an alcoholic and I recognise patterns of behavior and this isn't looking good.

You have a ton of support here.Please use it.We can help if you'll let us,

Jules xox
Old 12-27-2008, 10:47 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I am sorry..But I have to agree with Jules..It may not be a normal post..But I have seen you say these things about this same situation before.
Not saying your using..Just worried with the other things ..You now what I am talking about.
We are here for you hon. You know this
Old 12-27-2008, 10:51 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you don't log out each time you leave the site it won't matter if you change your password. You will automatically be logged in if someone comes to the site from your computer and they will be able to post with your account.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:16 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Well i dont think anyone else typed that, It was probably me. My only excuse I can think of is my new medication, a small daily dose of amphetimine. In the past I have abused it, but now my Mom keeps it and hands my dosage out to me. It does have a big affect on my personality, and memory. I'm still trying to adjust to it I guess. I have natually high levels of dopamine activity in my frontal lobes, and this med increases that, so it has to be done carefully so as do get the right amount of dopamine without going overboard, which can lead to troubles.

My parents cause me so many problems, they are the main stressors in my life right now, but I love them and they are taking care of me. Actually, they havent been too bad around the holiday season.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:29 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

As a codie gf of an abf................is it possible for you to suggest that your parents attend alanon/naranon meetings? Not that me attending them has made my relationship stress-free, but it gives me a safe outlet for my frustrations, as well as tools to use so as not to continue "pushing" him - -which, interestingly enough, makes him want to use. I can be his biggest source of strength and support or his biggest trigger, as it sounds like your parents are for you. It is my choice to choose daily (and sometimes hourly) to be the supportive gf, not the trigger gf.

Hope all is well, with you...........
Old 12-28-2008, 02:03 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

(felly) It did strike me too how different your opening post was compared to how you normally write. Anyways, I'm glad you've worked through your feelings about your parents.

As stone said, they're all crazy. I'm a parent, and I'm crazy too!! I think you cope really well, living under the same roof. That is very HARD, so don't underestimate what you are doing. All while staying sober at the same time.

Hugs, LB xx
Old 12-28-2008, 08:04 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Worried 'bout ya! Let us know if we can help in any way. My parents are nuts too, for the record, course I've contributed to a lot of that... heck, we're all a little nuts Glad the holidays were ok afterall !!!