"Love isn't a transaction"

Old 12-26-2008, 11:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

"Love isn't a transaction"

I heard that line in a movie last night and howdy did it get my attention. It summed up nicely all my thoughts over the last month or so.

From my RAD to my mother who is wrapped up in my probably mentally ill sister's latest drama. From my son who struggles with compassion and detachment, to my husband who I finally realized has a lot of fear related to love.

All I can give them, and will continue to give, is the gift of love. I've detached from all their issues and discovered I love them more than I thought. No exchange needed, it is mine to give up close and personal, or from afar.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
BBD

That was a nice post chino and so true. We can love each and every member of our families the way we see fit. My son Chris was with us Xmas eve and it was such a delight to hear him laughing as he used to before his addiction took over....I'm praying he is out of that life style and heading in new direction......but I love him now as I did though the troubles and will continue too no matter what happens. My hubby and older son detached a while ago and its nice to see them all laughing again together....Lets all pray for a healthy new year for all our alcoholics and addicts alike.....Peace, Bonnie
Old 12-26-2008, 06:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great Post Chino

I call my addicted niece my greatest spiritual teacher because she taught me the real meaning of love.

I can give the gift of love and when I find myself losing my sense of peace I know that my ego is asking for something back and that isn't love.

Great reminder for the new year.