My Gift

Old 12-25-2008, 06:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Gift

Merry Christmas to All....

It Christmas night...im alone without my ABF...relaxing with my kids...miss him but I am okay, still trying to stay detached. I folded to temptation last night and called him to ask if his mother had half a cup of flour after the door to the supermart had been locked in my face around 7:00. The call gave me the opportunity to "see if he was at home" and to "see how he was doing" and "did he miss me"...at any rate, his mom had no flour and he says "I am fine, happy"...."I miss you too..just waiting for you to stop the fussing" (fussing he defines as when I get angry about when I suspect he has been using), he still last night called me 3 times before midnight.

Getting to the point...he called and asked me and the kids to come to his mom's house Christmas day to get gifts. Since I was scheduled to go to my brother's house for Christmas breakfast, I said sure I can come say Merry Christmas for a few minutes and pick up gifts before joining my family.

Two weeks ago when he e-mailed me about what colognes I like, and I named a few of my favorites. My gift from him was a cologne that was not on my list....Dior "Addict"...He glared at me as I tried to open the box and tried to get the fragrance bottle to spray and asked me what was the matter...I said nothing...I had never heard of a fragrance called "Addict"...(pardon me to anyone in this forum who has). The fragrance was okay but I really don't like it that much. I was kind of silent and he said.."if you dont like it I can take it back and give you the cash...he said "I like it a lot".

Well, just when he was about to yell into the other room to complain to his mother that I did not really like the fragrance, I summoned the kids to get their things ready to leave for breakfast, said goodbye and thanks to his mom and his sister and kids for their gifts.

He hugged me said to me "I'm just waiting for you to come back to me and stop the fussing". I just told him...I will stop fussing and accusing when he stops using. Meanwhile he stays in a chat room all the time while I avoid him. It seems because I loathe him staying in chat rooms...his sister hand crafted a jacket with his screen name on the back of it...and he is so excitable about it when he is showing me.

He IM'd me on the computer that his mom was inviting us for dinner...I declined....(yes I wanted to but had to be strong and not go).

About the Gift: I love my Addict...but I dont love my "Addict".......I'm still wondering what motivated him to choose to give me a cologne called addict when he is an addict???? Was it an indirect message to convince me to love him..the real addict???....Its the most puzzling and funny things at this stage...lol...if this reads contradictory..it is...I love the man but not the addict.

GG
Old 12-25-2008, 08:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

that is just strange. I don't really know what to say!
Old 12-25-2008, 08:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

maybe he was trying to be "funny"? I think it is disrespectful.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yeah, maybe he was being disrespectul because I have called him an addict in the past and he got very angry about it. He complains to his mother (68 and disabled) and sister (39) about most of my reactions toward his activity. They also enable him..give him money for beer and gas and whatever he needs. They basically orchestrate his life and activities with me or anything else. When he and I went on vacation last July, his mother insisted on making the hotel arrangements and charging it on her credit card no matter what I thought.

I dont think his mom or sister like me very much at this stage of the relationship because they know that I know that they know he is a functional addict and an alcoholic and they allow him to be around the children (sister's kids age 7 months, 10 and 15) in their house when he is using....so I think they all could have conspired to annoy me with their gifts this Christmas.

His mom gave me a credit card wallet, when she knows I have voiced to her several times that I frown upon them (she is an avid credit card junkie and what I call the Queen of QVC shopping network). She has verbally defended her credit card use to me...saying "when I die, it wont matter anyway at my age".

I'm a single mom of two, ages 17 and 11. I have struggled to keep my mortgage paid and with bills and food, the last 3 months after my child support was reduced. My abf knew I had resorted to buying food with the one credit card I have left to pay off and told his mother I used them during this bad economy for food and Christmas gifts. I think he told her after this after I had refused to do anything monetary for him the last 6 months (gas and beer money).

For a Christmas gift, his sister hand crafted him a jacket with his ***** screen name with large letters on the back (she knows I hate his computer activity). About the computer, he is always online at *****...he has at least 2 internet relationships in the past where he has convinced women to wire him money (I saw this in an e-mail). This is just part of the reason why I have had to detach from him after 7years..eventually a clean permanent breakup with no looking back. I just dont look forward to being alone and having to be on a quest at my age (46) for another man who is drug free.

He acts as if I am crazy..and its really him and his family whose crazy (sister bipolar and xanax/ambien- dependent mom). I apologize if anyone here is bipolar or xanax/ambien dependent...I'm just angry, but I will get over it. I am looking to my higher power who is sustaining me....at any rate, pardon me for this day after Christmas vent, I'll be fine.