Our Blessings to Share

Old 12-24-2008, 08:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

Our Blessings to Share

It's Christmas Eve, hectic, stressful and exciting wrapped up in one emotion. A time of joy and a time of pain. A time to count our blessings, to love and be loved. A time to let go of Christmas past and embrace now, today. A time to share.

So many are hurting right now, through addiction, financial problems, lost loved ones, children with no food, let alone toys and all they want may be a home or a parent that doesn't have an illness, or someone to just care about them. In a perfect world, everyone would have happiness and all their needs met even if just for one day, Christmas. We are so lucky, we understand more than most, how unperfect this world is. As bad as some of our problems may be, we have a gift of friendship and understanding among ourselves, we have each other to turn to and lean on.

Which brings me to a request. My favorite movie of all time is Pay it Forward. It made me want to go out and save the world, but when I thought about it, I really didn't think I had anything to give anyone until I stopped thinking about monetary things and started thinking about things like prayers. I couldn't go out and give a homeless person money, that would do more damage than good sometimes, but I had boundless ability to pray. I had the ability to say a kind encouraging word to someone who was down, I had the ability to give up that coveted parking space up front to a stressed out mom, and any number of "gifts" like that.

So this season, an opportunity will present itself to each of you to do your own random acts of kindness, even if it is only stopping for a moment and saying a pray for a complete stranger, they will never know about your gift, but your will know.

So I'm starting a prayer list of people who need them. As you add your prayers, anyone reading them can add their own prayer to yours and before you know it, a whole lot of people are praying for a whole lot of good.

My prayers go out to all those feeling lost and alone.
My prayers go out to the sick children in the hospital and their parents.

Merry Christmas everyone, may the spirit fill your hearts.

B
Old 12-24-2008, 08:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My prayers go out for Splendra, our sister, may blessings find her.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Lovely idea, frankly, I'm happy to add a few of my own.

Prayers go out for the children this Christmas, may they still feel the magic and love and see life through the eyes of a child and not grow wise too soon.

Prayers for those who wait...for someone, for a job, for an answer to their problem. May they know that they do not wait alone.

Prayers for the desparate, like our sister Splendra and others who feel hopeless and lost. May they too feel the love and prayers of so many here who care, and may each get their own little Christmas miracle.

Hugs
Old 12-24-2008, 10:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Prayers for the many souls out there that fight the demon of addiction, may they find hope and new beginnings, and the ones that have quit drugs, please give them strength and encouragement to continue their path.

Prayers for the kids who's mom or dad are in prison and the spouse that faces raising a family alone.

Prayers for the puppie dogs and animals left out in the cold, please let them find food and warmth.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm HOME!!!!!

Prayers for our addicts and the people they have hurt through their addiction.

Prayers for the lost, the lonely, the hungry, the sick, the afflicted.

Prayers for all my friends on SR especially those who are spending this Christmas without their loved one because of addiction.

Prayers for Splendra, may she find peace, and may things turn around for her!!!

Old 12-24-2008, 11:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Prayers for all the good hardworking people, who through no fault of their own, have suffered severe financial hardship due to others who were greedy. Prayers for all of our addicts that this year they may find recovery. Prayers for their families that they may find comfort in Ala-non or Nar-anon. Prayers for those needing a job (esp. my husband who is trying so hard). And finally prayers for Splendra that someone will reach out and help her this Holiday Season. Hugs, Marle
Old 12-24-2008, 11:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Prayers for Spendra. Prayers for the addicts who haven't found recovery, for those who are struggling in recovery, and for all those who love their addicts.

Prayers for Mr. Marle and others who are struggling to find work or better jobs. Prayers for the homeless and the sick. Prayers for all my friends at SR. Prayers for all the furbabies and feathered friends who bring us so much joy and love.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-24-2008, 11:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you for the prayer chain.

My prayers go out to Splendra, may she find hope.
For the homeless (including my son) that they are safe for the next few days and that they find the help and support to gain control of their lives back.
For all of us affected by someone else's addiction and our families, that we may find recovery ourselves and a small piece of love and joy to share with each other.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

prayers for the teenager or young adult, that will make choices this season that will change their lives or others live, may some feeling of a hand on their shoulder prevent them from trying that drug or taking that drink.

prayers for accident victims and their families that receive a call in the night

prayers for the terminal person and their families, may their burden be made lighter

prayers for the prisioners spending this day alone, please let that pain save just one of them.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Prayers for the grandmas and grandpas in the retirement homes, please let each of them receive a call or a visit.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Prayers for Maggie and others who have lost loved ones this year.

Prayers for those who are getting hit with wicked winter storms, that they stay safe.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-24-2008, 05:44 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Prayers for all those that have lost a loved one, may the pain of memories ease, may they find peace in their hearts.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

prayers for the ones who have lost a love one this year.
prayers for obama as he takes the lead over our states.
prayers for our guys in service that they will find some peace.
prayers for our addicts that we love & the ones we don't even know.
prayers for homeless,
prayers for for the ones who have lost their jobs
prayers for all of you as you work your recovery
Old 12-24-2008, 07:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Prayers for the recovering addicts who struggles this Christmas, may they find the courage and strength to find a meeting and call their sponsor and stay on the good path.

Prayers for those who help... the Salvation Army, counselors in rehabs, volunteers, and those who work in shelters or food banks. May their kindness be rewarded tenfold.

Prayers for the abused women (and men). May they find the courage to call a Women's Crisis line and get help.

Old 12-24-2008, 08:38 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Prayers for those who battle depression, the season can be really hard on them, may something make them laugh.

Prayers for the single moms (and dads) out there.

Prayers for all my family here, my brothers and sisters in recovery.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:43 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Prayers for all the orphans and for the families that adopt them.

Prayers for all these people who want to work but can't find jobs.

Prayers for the children in foster care who miss their famlies.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:37 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

This is a good thread. Thanks
Old 12-25-2008, 05:12 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Prayers for our Soldiers, seperated from their famlies, please keep them safe and bring them home unhurt.

Prayers for our Soldiers famlies and their kids who miss dad or mom this Christmas morning