Need to Cry a little right now

Old 12-24-2008, 07:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Need to Cry a little right now

Sorry guys I just need to write this out.
My son went to Brasil to visit his wife for Christmas. He is having a very difficult time getting her into the country...I am glad he gets to go see her. I can see how he hurts over not being able to stay with her or get her into the country. I have not even met her and they have been married for over a year. For the sake of his marriage I wish he could stay in Brasil. But, there is no work for him there. We think things are tight here you ought see it over there.

I haven't worked in over 2 months and my house is in foreclosure. My car doesn't have any gas so I can't even go apply for food stamps. I live outside of the city limits and there is no bus service. I keep applying for jobs on line and I all I get is a inbox full of spam... I am completely broke, no food, my electric will be cut off soon and so will my internet connection. My cell phone has been cut off already so I can't even call my mom or my best friend.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You and your family are in my prayers, right now.

Hang in there.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry. If you lived close by, I would have you over and prepare a Christmas feast.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sending you hugs and prayers!!!
Old 12-24-2008, 07:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Can you apply for food stamps online, as well as other assistance?

I did, it took a few weeks to process, but atleast started it rolling. Also, agencies like United Way may help with some of the other expenses, or refer you somewhere, some of that you can look up online too.
Im so sorry for all the hard times and my thoughts and prayers go out to you
Old 12-24-2008, 07:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hope things get better for you......glad you can come to SR and share.....Sending hugs and prayers for you, your son and his wife.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

Splendra ... My heart breaks for you ... I offer you my most heart felt prayers. Hang in there girl.

******{Hugs}}}}
Passion
Old 12-24-2008, 08:11 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

Please please call social services in your town. Explain what you just said here, and I am sure that they can help you. Also, call a local church.

I was in the same position as you. By calling social services you will get the help that you need. They will actually negotiate with your utilities so that you will not get shut off. They have budget plans for low income people. Contact this organization:

Hope now Hope Now

They will negotiate with your mortgage holder.

How do I know all this? Been there...

Honestly, you can get a lot of help if you just reach out your hand. Might not bring you any income, but at least you will have a resolution. I know it seems overwhelming..but it will get better I promise! Let us know what happens..

Karen
Old 12-24-2008, 08:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

(((Splendra)))

Oh hun, I wish there was something I could do to help, you have my prayers, I just wish I could do more.

Great big hugs.

B
Old 12-24-2008, 08:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

I do not have a phone there is no one around me with a phone. there are no working pay phones in my area. Plus I do not have any money to use one if there was a pay phone in my area.

I live in a rural area. All of my nearest neighbors work during the day time.

I think my good friend may come by to check on me on Christmas day. I will ask her then if she can help get to the food stamp office.

I did check to see if I could apply online for food stamps not in my area....

But my H's crack dealer is still willing to make sure he has crack isn't that just so good of him...I almost blew a gasket when I walked out side and saw him high on crack just a few minutes ago..
Old 12-24-2008, 08:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Splendra,

I would be happy to make a call to whomever you'd like to call for you. PM me if you'd like.

Karen
Old 12-24-2008, 09:32 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Splendra, I am so sorry you are going through all this and I send my prayers, trusting that somehow your needs will be met.

Hugs
Old 12-24-2008, 10:06 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

****{Splendra}}}

The place Karen gave you is free to call and open 24 hours a day.

The sooner you call, the sooner you can regain your peace of mind. The service is free and running 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:15 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Thank you all for listening to me cry about this....

Gosh I have to say that for the first time in my life I feel really afraid. I haven't ever had such a hard time finding a job. I am so glad my son is old enough to support himself.

I hate to say it but I think I am being passed over for younger people in the job market. I know everyone needs to make a living.

I had hard times when I was younger but I was younger I looked better than I do now and I am sure that I was hired based on my looks alone several times.

Also there is more help out there for people with under aged kids. I am still young enough not to be considered elderly so SSI is not available to me.

I am sorry I am throwing this on ya'll I know many here are also having a difficult times right now.:ghug:
Old 12-24-2008, 10:35 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
To Life!

Splendra,

My thoughts and prayers are with you now, as you deal with this difficult situation... :praying

Know that you are loved; You are a child of G*D.
You do not deserve any of this.
You are worthy of all that is good in this world.

Shalom!
Old 12-24-2008, 10:39 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

((Splendra))

I'm so sorry you are going through all this. Sending many hugs and prayers your way!

Amy
Old 12-24-2008, 10:44 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Every time I read a post about someone else facing financial difficulties, it makes me feel less alone with mine.

So, thanks for sharing. In doing this, you are not only getting a lot of support, but also helping others in your boat.

Big hugs,

Karen
Old 12-24-2008, 10:48 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Originally Posted by DWI
The place Karen gave you is free to call and open 24 hours a day.
I have reached out to these people but with no income and no job I do not have anything to negotiate with. My foreclosure sale is scheduled for January 5th 2009. I could file for bankruptcy and stop the foreclosure but that cost money.

I have tried to get help to get my professional license back. There is no funding help available for my line of work.

I have thought about just practicing anyway or going to work in a medical office doing medical assisting but I just can't condone many of the practices and I am sure I would get fired in a very short while for refusing to do something or another. I could not inject anyone with some of the poisons that doctors order for their patients. Especially vaccines... I could not give or recommend anyone something I would not take myself if I had their condition. It could possibly get me in more trouble than I am already in.

There aren't any alternative doctors that are close enough for me to walk to. I have thought about doing research work but again they are doing stuff that is against my personal ethics. Maybe I could get into forensics's I have applied for several jobs in the field and haven't heard back from them. Maybe I need to make my self look younger on my resume....
Old 12-24-2008, 10:51 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
BBD

splenda~~I sure do wish I could help you get out of this unhappy situation. Hopefully your friend can help you get the services you need.....and I pray someone comes and tales you away from your addicted hubby that is finding a way to keep himself high...your HP is watching~~~~just look for the signs. Hugs and smiles, Bonnie
Old 12-24-2008, 10:58 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
I'm HOME!!!!!

Splendra...
My heart goes out to you!!! Nothing like a leetle stress at this time of year huh?!

Have you looked into Skype online....it was a free internet phone thing...not sure if it still is or not...

You are in my prayers.

NSW