Notices

I Need to be Here

Old 12-24-2008, 07:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Moving out of Limbo

I Need to be Here

First off, I want to apologize for not checking in here for 5-6 days. I have been caught up in my own inner turbulence, and I should be here sharing and helping others and myself stay sober. I am 17 days sober today.

I am so grateful this morning. I am actually speechless. I am such a lucky guy. About 2 1/2 weeks ago, my sober girlfirend of 2 years broke up with me. Alot of it was because I wanted to isolate and get high all the time. This led to a chain reaction of loss, grief, and sobriety. I have been feeling horrible about myself lately, filled with regret and shame about many things.

Well, we are talking. I don't know what to say, other than I don't know what to say. We have established that we love each other, and we are expressing ourselves the best we can, from a distance. But I don't know how I have been so lucky. But I have.

Last night, I wanted to get high. That seems to happen when things are going better. It's this selfish impulse I have, to make what is good in life better, because what is good in life isn't good enough for me sometimes. It's me, the addict. And it pisses me off sometimes. Like right now. But it should, I think. I need to be grateful for what I have. I need to be humble. I love you guys.

I'm so glad I am grateful this morning.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

James,

Nice to meet you. Please stick around and meet all the very fine people here. Lots of support for you and a great place for learning about sobriety. It's helped me lots.

Welcome!

Love,

Lenina
Old 12-24-2008, 09:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Congrats on 17 days!
Old 12-24-2008, 09:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
6/20/08

17 days is awesome. Focus on that!
Old 12-24-2008, 09:27 AM