Notices

So angry and upset I'm literally shaking right now.

Old 12-24-2008, 06:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So angry and upset I'm literally shaking right now.

I got a text message from a previous friend at 2 am in the morning today. I say previous because I can no longer call her a friend. They left this past Saturday and went to Vegas to visit family. They left their dog outside with a shed to wander in and out of and no food or water since Saturday!! She texted me asking to check on the dog. This is 4 FRICKIN Days after they've left. I called as soon as I got the message and said I must have misunderstood you because you sounded like you didn't have someone checking daily on your dog. She said they didn't. I lost all rationale and screamed at her. That dog is most likely dead or VERY sick right now. I called Animal Control and they're on vacation. I called the Sheriff and am meeting them to take them over there this morning. I am sickened. I am disgusted and yes I am judging them. They have the money. I found her someone that would care for the dog for $15 a day!!! They left and aren't coming home until the day after tomorrow. I've told her if the dog isn't dead he will be gone any ways because I'll make sure of it. They don't deserve an animal. They left their cat in the house by itself and I told her I hope the cat poops all over everything. They quite frankly disgust me.

How do I let go of this anger. I"m still shaking. I thought by writing this I would feel better. This sucks big time!!!!
Old 12-24-2008, 06:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

By the way, second person in this neighborhood that has no damn value for their pets. None!!!!
Old 12-24-2008, 06:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

That makes me angry too, HL.

I hope the dog is okay...

Last edited by doorknob; 12-24-2008 at 07:15 AM.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I share your anger and frustration. I cannot comprehend such cruelty and callous disregard for the sanctity of ALL life. Do all you can legally to defend this poor dog. I will pray for the dog and cat and for your former friend to learn compassion and decency.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You know what DK? I said and really thought about doing dog rescue yesterday. I mean our weather totally has sucked the last few days and all I could think of was all the animals in my area that live outside. I thought about what I would do if I could change things. Then I wake up to this "lo and behold." I am dumbfounded by the coincidence, but I am still frickin shaking and can't stop. This kind of anger only comes out with this kind of thing. Pray for that dog would ya. I actually think he would be better off dead, but if he isn't and if he's adoptable I might consider it if no one else does. He deserves a pampered life. People that are this heartless frickin suck!!
Old 12-24-2008, 06:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Originally Posted by horselover
This sucks big time!!!!
Yes it does...
Old 12-24-2008, 07:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Well..What did you do to let it go the last time with the neighbors dog from awhile ago?
I know it sucks to see things like that.
I cant tell you what you should or shouldnt do.
But dont let it drive you crazy.
Can you do anything to help the dog since she asked you to check on it?
Maybe bring it in until you can do something else?
Go give it some old blankets at least to curl up in?
I hate it when people treat animals like that.
My dog actually liked being outside. Cold and all. But we had a blanket in a lawn chair on our porch and she loved it. She never wanted to come in. But she was a chow..Lots of fur. And she was fed very well. And we would never have left her out in the cold if we were gone for days.
Do what you have the power to do. For the dog for now I guess.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That dog is no longer living behind me. I have no idea what happened to him. We are not speaking and it looks like I have yet another person that I won't be speaking to. Sounds harsh huh? Not as harsh as what she's done to that dog.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Ignorance comes in many forms, Horselover. It can cause untold suffering when there are animals/children involved who can do nothing to defend themselves. Of course you are angry and indignant. Who in their right mind wouldn't be?

Thank you so much for your activism, and that you are in the position to intervene on this animal's behalf.

Sending you the most positive thoughts/prayers for a bright outcome here.

Big hug,

Donna
Old 12-24-2008, 07:39 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It's true, some people don't deserve animals. I'm glad you care enough to make sure this doesn't happen again.

Try to just breathe, and to let go of the anger.

The owners aren't bad people - some folk do the best they can at their level of consciousness. That's been my experience, anyway.

Old 12-24-2008, 07:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks Rowan but I'm not to the point that I can say they aren't bad people. I can only think of them as pretty darn evil. No one can be that ignorant to think a dog can survive a week without someone checking in. That water dish was frozen before they hit Vegas on Saturday and the food was gone by the next day at the very least Rowan. I'm not to the level of forgiveness. Sorry.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:49 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

So what can you do to help that dog right now?
Not for those people..but for the dog?
Old 12-24-2008, 07:50 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Nothing to be sorry for Sar, it's easy for me to detach when I'm not the one seeing it firsthand. I suspect I would be pretty angry if I were in your place.
Please let us know how the dog is.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:50 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Did what I can by calling the sheriff and I'm waiting on them. I can't go over and check on the dog without bringing my son and I don't want him to see this. I do protect him over everything else. He will be in the car when I take the sheriff to their house, but in the car he will remain. I have to wait for the sheriff and that's killer, but I'm waiting.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:58 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

Holy cow that would tick me off too! I don't blame you. Please let us know what happens, and while the sheriff's are there, please make sure someone checks on the cat inside.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:01 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Well I broke my rule and drove over there. Son and I are both in tears. Dog is skin and bones!! Can't feed him because it would definitely make him ill. I will keep calling the dispatch until someone comes out here. I'm heartbroken.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:03 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
No more merlot, more mamma

I certainly hope that your friend has charges brought up against them.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:05 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

People suck...I am sure the cops are taking their sweet ass time too.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:07 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

You can bet I will testify against these people and PLEASE don't refer to her as my friend Nomo. I can't believe I ever fell for a person like this. I usually have better intuition then this, but I have to think of it this way. If we weren't friends, she wouldn't have texted me this morning and that dog would not have made it. I will tell the sheriff about the cat inside the house as well.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:12 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Moving out of Limbo

Wow. That's bad, and I really hope that dog is ok. I'll be thinking about the dog.

Also thinking about your neighbor. I hope they will begin to be compassionate toward their animal family member. Maybe your talk with them will give them the opportunity to see the error of their ways towards their dog.

That's a good thing your have done for the dog. Much love to you.